Honored Contributor

We flew home on Monday.

No illness for DH or me! YAY🎉 

However, we were on what appeared to be a NEW 737.

More legroom; monitors on the seats in front of us; plugs AC and DC to plug in devices.

Hmmm... thank you for a new, cleaner plane, American Airlines.

This was the first time in many years that I felt that an airline CARED about me. How nice. And we're not ill this time.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

More leg room??  Yes!  I'm only 5' 4" and I don't have a lot of room.  Glad you had a safe and roomy return.

It's the little things.
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

We flew home on Monday.

No illness for DH or me! YAY🎉 

However, we were on what appeared to be a NEW 737.

More legroom; monitors on the seats in front of us; plugs AC and DC to plug in devices.

Hmmm... thank you for a new, cleaner plane, American Airlines.

This was the first time in many years that I felt that an airline CARED about me. How nice. And we're not ill this time.

@LTT1, that's pretty awesome, since you almost always seem to pick up some sort of illness whenever you fly. I'm so happy it was a better experience for you this time. and wow, a new plane? that appeared to be clean and had good leg room? it's a miracle Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

We fly north in a couple of weeks and on American too. DH is 6'3" 290 and is very uncomfortable. He puts up with it as he does not drive long distances anymore. A problem lately is that by the time we board to our seats, the overhead luggage compartments are filled and our carry on bags end up in places not near us. I think that is an issue the airlines need to address.

Honored Contributor
@MariotaMurielle

It IS!
Honored Contributor

@LTT1,   Glad you did not get sick but you have to take into consideration all the people on the jet in close quarters.  If one person has just gotten over the flu, anyone in the near proximity will probably get the flu.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I think whether or not you get the flu depends more on your immune system and whether you are immunized than on proximity to a person recovering from the flu. 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady@Katcat1

My idea is this: the air vents were clean. That is my first guess.

True, no hacking of passengers (will choose late August again); school has JUST begun so no adults were ill from colds and flu, etc.