Trusted Contributor

Re: Interesting findings about COVID-19

@Still Raining @I get it. And also, consider that we have the option of not getting vaccinated, the choice (of course there are some people who should not be vaccinated because of medical conditions. Or perhaps religious. I respect this)

Whereas people in so many other countries are clamoring for vaccines they cannot get. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was in the hospital for many weeks with covid and nearly died from it. I had clots in my lungs and in my kidneys, too. I am lucky to be alive, says my doctor. But being a survivor has come with lingering challenges for me, some which have forced me to change my way of living. I was severely devastated in the beginning but as time goes on I've become adapted to adjusting to my new way of life. I miss the things I used to do but maybe with God's help, I can return to doing the things I love.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Covid is not a cold. And taking Lupus medication does not prevent Covid. Common sense.

@Porcelain  Lots of medications do double duty...my husband has been on hydroxychloroquine for 8 years and he doesn't have lupus.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

As a survivor of two clot stokes and the resulting brain aneurysm, I was told from the beginning that COVID is bad.  Much worse than can be imagined.

Yes, I live in fear and have nothing but *#$@& for anti vaccine people.

@Still Raining   The worse promoters of anti vaccine is the TBS channel on TV... they spew all kinds of anti vaccines anti Dr. Fauci and anti pharmaca.... it is hard to listen to the lies they are pushing....  They push all the stuff that is baloney.... 

Honored Contributor

Pfizer and Moderna are proven to be 90% effective in preventing the vaccinated person from being infected by Covid.

And for the remaining 10% chance of infection, the case is not severe or fatal.

If you don't catch Covid to begin with you can't transmit it to others. If you're vaccinated you are highly unlikely to catch Covid at all. So there is a far lower risk of passing it to anyone.

If someone chooses to go unprotected, we can't all run around trying to protect them at the expense of our own lifestyle. I'm willing to go out of my way to protect those who cannot be vaccinated, but not those who choose not to.

They talk a great deal about making their own choices and taking their own responsibility. So be it. They need to protect themselves without my help since they are making such a great point to make their own health decisions against all credible mainstream medical advice on the matter.

If you get bitten by a rabid raccoon and refuse to get a rabies shot, that's your decision. But don't expect me to treat you like you don't voluntarily have rabies. I'll be worried for you and hope you eventually get treatment. I won't invite you to my party where you might bite one of the other guests.

So much more convenient to get a shot and be done with it for a year or so, as opposed to continuing to live like it's still 2020.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was in the hospital for many weeks with covid and nearly died from it. I had clots in my lungs and in my kidneys, too. I am lucky to be alive, says my doctor. But being a survivor has come with lingering challenges for me, some which have forced me to change my way of living. I was severely devastated in the beginning but as time goes on I've become adapted to adjusting to my new way of life. I miss the things I used to do but maybe with God's help, I can return to doing the things I love.

@SilleeMee 

I have thought about you many times.  I wondered how you are doing.  I think you know I have a sister with scleroderma.  Two of us have autoimmune disease and so far, the other sister does not, as far as we know.  She seems perfectly healthy and could probably rival politicians in the amount of miles she puts in the air from here to Europe and the Middle and Far East.  But we got enough autoimmunity for 3 sisters. She has enough pleasure for all of us.  We are happy to know she enjoys life and we love hearing her tales of her travels.  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 @Porcelain 

The reason some lupus patients are treated with hydroxychlorquine is because of lupus nephritis which is a highly vascular kidney disease, and I hope that was not a medical person who did not know that.  Not all lupus patients suffer the same systemic illness but most who suffer SLE have attacks on more than one system.

Malaria is mainly a preventive and treatment for malaria, which attacks the vascular system in much the same way as Covid.

No, HCQ was not proven not to be effective if used in time.  It was proven not to be effective if you waited too late. Many doctors used it early on in their patients who did well, some who did not and some who did not get it in time and they either did very poorly or died.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative and baiting

Valued Contributor

Interesting article, @4kitties.  Thanks for posting.

@ Porcelain - Since I see you posting, I guess you got through the second Pfizer shot with minimum or maybe no side effects.  Hope so.  We go tomorrow.  Happy but kind of nervous.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

Interesting article, @4kitties.  Thanks for posting.

@ Porcelain - Since I see you posting, I guess you got through the second Pfizer shot with minimum or maybe no side effects.  Hope so.  We go tomorrow.  Happy but kind of nervous.

Thank you for circling back, @Tessa Mendoza. How nice of you! I did get through it just fine. It was different than the first Pfizer shot. The first shot, my only reaction was a slightly sore arm that lasted a few days.

The second shot was not quite as easy, but still totally manageable. My arm ached pretty badly that first (Monday) night, to the point where i had to take Aleve and I hardly slept.

Then the next day, yesterday, my arm suddenly felt completely fine. I had a mild headache and felt not quite 100%. Probably mostly from not getting enough sleep. I checked and my temp was normal. If I'd had to do something important, I could have easily pushed through and done it. I chose to take it easy instead.

And today, I woke up bright and early feeling absolutely great. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I hope you'll have even milder experience than I did for your second shot tomorrow. No matter what, though, you're so much better off protected and I am sure you'll be glad you did it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr