Trusted Contributor

Re: Interesting Immune Support Studies

I absolutely believe in the power of good nutrition and quality supplements. 

I have been forced to find ways to take better care of myself and what a path I’ve been on. 

I so appreciate information such as this. I’ve been taking many things, including a garlic supplement, which happens to be Procaps this time.

My husband and I love to cook together. It’s our favorite thing to do. We make an occasion of it. Many of our recipes call for garlic. That’s his job—chopping 🙂

Respected Contributor

@Drythe - The garlic does not provide the vitamins, but it is mentioned after the list of vitamins, which is why it came up in my search on garlic.  There are so many helpful substances that assist our immune system (as long as we are not allergic to any of these things, of course):

"Vitamins (A, B, C, D, and E), minerals (selenium and zinc), and bioactive substances from curcumin, echinacea, propolis, garlic, soybean, green tea, and other polyphenols were identified as having potential roles in interfering with spike glycoproteins,..."

I am able to access and read the 3rd article by clicking on the link, using my computer.  However, as you are not able to use the link, there is a quick fix to that so that you will be able to read the article. If you copy and paste the name of the article into your browser or search engine, the article should come up for you. I hope that helps you to be able to open and read the article.

Respected Contributor

I love garlic, @Teddie!  I don't like the way my body stinks the day after a "garlic fest", however.  I guess one can overdo anything, right?  

I once ate at a family style restaurant where there were so very many full-sized, roasted garlic cloves (that I happily ate) on the larger sized pasta dish that I shared with two other people, that I could not believe how strong of a garlic smell oozed out of my pores that evening and the entire next day.  As a result of that experience, I now limit how much garlic I use in my cooking.  I use no more than a single bulb of garlic in a dish (like chili) for my family.  That is the absolute maximum.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I love garlic, @Teddie!  I don't like the way my body stinks the day after a "garlic fest", however.  I guess one can overdo anything, right?  

I once ate at a family style restaurant where there were so very many full-sized, roasted garlic cloves (that I happily ate) on the larger sized pasta dish that I shared with two other people, that I could not believe how strong of a garlic smell oozed out of my pores that evening and the entire next day.  As a result of that experience, I now limit how much garlic I use in my cooking.  I use no more than a single bulb of garlic in a dish (like chili) for my family.  That is the absolute maximum.  

Oh dear, @Jersey Born ! That would not be pleasant! I can honestly say I haven’t had that issue! We put a lot of garlic in our recipes. I always say, “Recipes are merely suggestions.” In fact, tonight we are making shrimp scampi. It’s lemony and garlicky and spicy, just the way I like it. 

Respected Contributor

I hope you will thoroughly enjoy your dinner this evening.  That reminds me; it's time to stop gabbing and start cooking! 

Honored Contributor

Garlic farts are a real thing. But my body has adjusted! Everybody rejoice

Respected Contributor

You are too funny, @GenXmuse. Another wonderful way to eat garlic is to bake the entire  bulb in the oven and then smear it onto a freshly baked bread as if it were butter.  I haven't had garlic that way in years, but I remember how great it tasted.