Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting How the Mind Works!

@hckynut John!  It tasted like shoe polish smells!  Ha!  

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66....I wish you the best regarding your test tomorrow. Personally, I am really turned off by the media and doctors who push tests and RX's, instilling fear in people. I watch very little TV, but DH has it on almost 24/7. "Call your doctor", "Take this, take that". Good grief. They push tests and drugs to make money. Just my opinion, but I for one don't buy into it. I'm 65. I'm old. I'm not trying to live to be 100. I figure when my purpose in life is fulfilled, the Lord will take me. I am not on any medications at the present time and hope to keep it that way as long as I can. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer I feel similar to you.  However, I have 3 adult daughters who love me very much (my husband, their Dad died 12 years ago, he was everything to us).

I don't want them to worry about me.  I was hospitalized a few months ago with diverticulitis (5 days).  The Dr flipped when he found out I'd not had one (of course he did)!

This started them bothering me.  Because I love them so much and don't want them to worry, I agreed to get it done.  Had I not had the diverticulitis, I wouldn't have had it done and I don't think they'd have worried about it.

So, here I am....I love them so much.  They have brought me so much joy in my life that if I can do something to make them worry less, I'll do it.

I've always had 'stomach' issues (as they have too).  

I see this as something most people have had done (along with knee replacement, etc).  I had hoped to avoid it, but here I am.....

******!  Am I a good mom.....or what? Ha!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66....everyone's health situation is different , so you have to do what you feel is best for you. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

We do our best to maintain quality of life by following recommended medical preventative advice and trying to take good care of our health.

You are right about wanting what we can't have .... Smiley LOL at the most inopportune times. I've had the test twice and experienced a very similar thing. But the test is tomorrow so at least that will be done with. Good luck and best wishes for a smooth appointment.

Honored Contributor

My sneaky little @Annabellethecat66, lol.  How'd you get to be 69 without going through that ordeal?  Actually, it's not that bad, just a nuisance.  I didn't take the stuff you're taking.  I took Gatorade and Dulcolax and stayed near a bathroom.  I've had two and suffered nausea after the first one.  With the second one, I got permission from my doctor to take a Dramamine before the procedure and it worked.

Good luck and enjoy your first meal afterwards.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@brewhaha,

That's about my story too. Finally went in for a check up, got mamo done, bone density and bringing up the rear, the colonoscopy. (So to speak). Well, better late than never, as they say.

Good luck with yours.

Honored Contributor

GoLytley.....oxymoron. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer

I have had many people say to me, addressing my approach to living a healthy life. "When your time is up, it's up". Even had a patient I met on the Heart Floor of the hospital tell me that, and after his heart attack.

My reply to him was: "If that is truly what you believe, what are you doing here? The heart attack meant your time was up, yet you chose to move that time further. Now if you believe your time is up it's up, you would not be here. You would have let your higher power keep you on your "it's up, it's up schedule".  Reply from him? Crickets.

Hey, what ever a person chooses is fine with me. My purpose on this forum is to pass on what I know from my own personal experiences with many deadly health issues. Some info some many may not know. What anyone chooses to do if they read it is their personal business.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

GoLytley.....oxymoron. 

@loveschocolate

And now they also have NuLytely.

hnj

hckynut(john)