Here’s a transcript of a video from Dr. Michael Greger 

and also sources cited.  HTH!

845A21BA-FD77-4E7D-92BD-478485F1665C.jpeg

72D94782-623D-4F5C-AD2D-29F72F84FE03.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting Conversation RE What to Eat

@lolakimono wrote:

The Last Conversation You’ll Ever Need to Have About Eating Right

Mark Bittman and doctor David L. Katz patiently answer pretty much every question we could think of about healthy food.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/03/ultimate-conversation-on-healthy-eating-and-nutrition.html

Follow up discussion: The Last Conversation You’ll Need to Have on Eating Right: The Follow-ups

Mark Bittman and Dr. David L. Katz tackle the questions they

received after their original story on healthy food.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2018/05/ultimate-conversation-healthy-eating-nutrition-follow-ups.html

@lolakimono

I didn’t find it very interesting, mostly opinion, not science based. Plenty of hogwash nonsense.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Thank you for taking the time to post this information. 

I enjoy your variety of topics.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@lolakimono

Thank you for taking the time to post this information. 

I enjoy your variety of topics.

@butterfly123

Yes...x2!  

Thank you, @lolakimono

🌼💛

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Thanks for posting the article.

Most of what I read in it is backed up by the preponderance of evidence supporting a whole food and plant based diet. for optimal health.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono...a lot of common sense, healthy suggestions. Trying to eat a variety of foods with as few additives as possible. Some great advice about diets don't work but lifestyle changes do work.

I have been slender most of my life but any time I deviated from a lifestyle of moderation in a variety of food choices, I gained weight or my labs came back with problems. I am a firm believer in that no one size fits all dietary advice works for the general population. Pick and choose what you can live with and makes you happy. Food is meant to be enjoyed and any dietary advice that causes you stress or deprivation will inevitably not work for the long term..

Honored Contributor

I disagree with most of this article.  Any amount of meat, dairy, cheese is not a healthy choice...no matter how it is grown/farmed/slaughtered.  I do agree that chia seeds are healthy.  I choose to be`plant based for many reasons, but mostly because it makes me happy and healthy.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I disagree with most of this article.  Any amount of meat, dairy, cheese is not a healthy choice...no matter how it is grown/farmed/slaughtered.  I do agree that chia seeds are healthy.  I choose to be`plant based for many reasons, but mostly because it makes me happy and healthy.

@phoenixbrd

I thought the article did show favor towards a plant based diet.  Maybe I skimmed it too quickly? 

I do agree wholeheartedly with you that meat and dairy are not healthy choices (which is one reason I decided to cut them from my diet 10 1/2 months ago).

P.S.  I found the discussion about "paleo" to be spot on.