Esteemed Contributor

Re: Injections for biologic's question

I'm seeing my dr next week so I'll ask him about it .  I'm sure all is ok but would just like an answer as to why there was resistance to the needle and then the intense stinging that normally hasn't happened .   Just want to know if it's scare tissue or if there is even a way to know plus  want to be sure that the medication is getting into my blood stream and not stuck there.   Not even sure how all that works so hopefully my dr should .   I realize eventually after sticking the same spot over and Over areas will be the very least more sensitive.   If it's the price to pay im willing to of course 

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

Based on my experience with insulin injections, it sounds like you hit directly into a blood vessel to experience that instant sting, plus resistance.   

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

I use an Enbrel Sure-click weekly.  I alternate four or five different places.  My experience is that it's better to do it later in the day because we're more sensitive to pain in the mornings.  

I would suggest you try this a couple times ....  pick a spot, swab it with alcohol and let it dry for a couple seconds, then put a dab of Neosporin (or a generic) on the spot .... it has a pain relief ingredient and an antibiotic-type ingredient.   The cream will give you a slight numbing.   Well, try it and see if it makes a difference.  Ya never know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

I use an Enbrel Sure-click weekly.  I alternate four or five different places.  My experience is that it's better to do it later in the day because we're more sensitive to pain in the mornings.  

I would suggest you try this a couple times ....  pick a spot, swab it with alcohol and let it dry for a couple seconds, then put a dab of Neosporin (or a generic) on the spot .... it has a pain relief ingredient and an antibiotic-type ingredient.   The cream will give you a slight numbing.   Well, try it and see if it makes a difference.  Ya never know.

@Tinkrbl44   I Had no idea that in the Mornings we are more sensitive to pain , I always inject early morning so I can get it out of the way and on with the day.    I will try to do it later  in the day and see if it makes a difference ,  as you said ya never know .

thanks for the tip!   😺

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

Thanks for that tip. I do my in the morning after my shower also. I always forget if I wait until I go to bed.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore   @ccassaday 

I learned this from an article that said if you're having dental work done, don't schedule a morning appt ... you will handle the pain or discomfort better in the afternoon.   I figured it was worth a try.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    Just wanted to let you know I did my injection yesterday early afternoon and it WAS less painful!   I still rather get it over with early AM,  but will inject later in the day when possible.   Great tip !   thank you again😺

Enjoy the weekend 

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Tinkrbl44    Just wanted to let you know I did my injection yesterday early afternoon and it WAS less painful!   I still rather get it over with early AM,  but will inject later in the day when possible.   Great tip !   thank you again😺

Enjoy the weekend 

@Kitty Galore 

You're welcome ... I self-inject once a week, but the less discomfort, the better.  Have a good weekend!  Heart