Honored Contributor

I know I can ask this question to my insurance company but I thought I would ask here first.

I go to an infusion center to get my medication injected (not infused) every month.  I don't see a doctor but a nurse gives me the injection. Is it normal procedure to have to pay a copay for this sort of thing? I'm new to this infusion center situation.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

DH has infusions at an infususion center every 6 weeks and we don't have a co-pay.

We have Medicare and B/C B/S Federal Eployees insurance, if that makes any difference.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom 

I have a Medicare Advantage plan. 

Trusted Contributor

Then you shouldn't have a co-pay.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom 

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

That's a question for your insurance company because coverage and benefits vary.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  I would go to the website where you get your insurance and they should list your benefits. This should answer your question. 

Honored Contributor

I'm going to call my insurance company to ask them. Just wanted to know here first. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee does your Advantage plan require you to go to an in-network facility?  I had a friend rn into a problem when their Medicare insurance decided the nurse who administered her infusion at home was no longer in-network.  They wanted HIM to administer her infusion.  I don't know what became of that situation as he has since died and I'm not in touch with her very often and I wouldn't bring it up anyways.  As far as I know, we don't have infusion centers.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee does your Advantage plan require you to go to an in-network facility?  I had a friend rn into a problem when their Medicare insurance decided the nurse who administered her infusion at home was no longer in-network.  They wanted HIM to administer her infusion.  I don't know what became of that situation as he has since died and I'm not in touch with her very often and I wouldn't bring it up anyways.  As far as I know, we don't have infusion centers.  

@Icegoddess 

Yes, the infusion center is in-network.