Honored Contributor

Re: Increasing The Amount of Fiber In My Diet

On 11/11/2014 ashleigh dupray said:

my GI doctor told me to take benefiber and sprinkle it on food, but it just seems weird! maybe i should drink it. i eat one apple every day . i eat the skin too that is probably a bad idea but i wash the apple with soap first.

I add it to my coffee

Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 jackthebear said:
On 11/11/2014 ashleigh dupray said:

my GI doctor told me to take benefiber and sprinkle it on food, but it just seems weird! maybe i should drink it. i eat one apple every day . i eat the skin too that is probably a bad idea but i wash the apple with soap first.

I add it to my coffee

Like Jack, I've been drinking the benefiber in my coffee since 2008. I can tell you that you can add benefiber to warm food and never know it, like dust it on potatoes, scrambled eggs, etc.

Don't recommend putting it in anything cold or carbonated.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

OP, I think the best is Digel (or a generic) ..... simethicone is your friend. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

Try a probiotic either in pill form or a keifer drink (I get the Lifeway brand). The probiotics will help digest the fiber and help with the bloating, gas.

I used to have a lot of bloating, but I have taken out all refined sugars from my diet (sadly as I love sweets) and it has done wonders for my bloating issues.

Also, I use chia seeds in my yogurt every day. I also sprinkle them on my salads. I find that they keep me "regular" also.

Make sure you're getting exercise which helps in digestion. Walking at least 30 min. a day briskly will help too.