Regular Contributor

Re: Incomplete Urinary Emptying....Anyone??

My urologist has a sign in his exam rooms that say he can use nitrous oxide for uncomfortable procedure.  Ask your uroloist about this,  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@tsavorite 

My Urologist tried me on 3 different prescriptions and the only thing they did for me was made my mouth constantly dry. None of them changed anything regarding sudden urges, or the numerous times I had to go. That was years ago and I quit with the oral medicines.

My best to you with your issue.

hckynut

@hckynut  this is what I am reading about....my internist had mentioned trying one of them if I wanted to yrs back but I can't deal with the constant dry mouth or dizziness these meds can cause.  

Respected Contributor

@lbwshop wrote:

My urologist has a sign in his exam rooms that say he can use nitrous oxide for uncomfortable procedure.  Ask your uroloist about this,  Good luck.

Thank you for this....when or IF I call LOL I will be asking if they use this....before I schedule anything.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have problems with number 1 and number 2. It's the scleroderma that has gone to my internal parts, including my bladder, urethra, rectum and large bowel. My internal tissue has become stiff, less flexible and thick with excess collagen fibers. Sometimes I leak from both places and sometimes I can't go at all. Imagine a garden hose that has lost it's flexibility or a balloon that can only be blown up to a certain point...yup that's what my insides are like. There's some pain, too, but I've become accustomed to that part...just not the incontinence part...Smiley Tongue

Oh and I won't go into the lady parts thing...that's another story.

Thank you for sharing @SilleeMee . I have to ask since I have just been having problems with #2, what do you do when you leave your house? I have had one accident away from home and now I plan my trips very carefully. This is so embarrassing. Just had a colonoscopy and it could be diverticulitis, more testing being done. Sorry to go off topic.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have problems with number 1 and number 2. It's the scleroderma that has gone to my internal parts, including my bladder, urethra, rectum and large bowel. My internal tissue has become stiff, less flexible and thick with excess collagen fibers. Sometimes I leak from both places and sometimes I can't go at all. Imagine a garden hose that has lost it's flexibility or a balloon that can only be blown up to a certain point...yup that's what my insides are like. There's some pain, too, but I've become accustomed to that part...just not the incontinence part...Smiley Tongue

Oh and I won't go into the lady parts thing...that's another story.

Thank you for sharing @SilleeMee . I have to ask since I have just been having problems with #2, what do you do when you leave your house? I have had one accident away from home and now I plan my trips very carefully. This is so embarrassing. Just had a colonoscopy and it could be diverticulitis, more testing being done. Sorry to go off topic.

I'm like you @panda1234 . I have to plan my day ahead. What I eat the day before is most important and then I bring a change of undies plus a panty liners, too. I carry  wipes with me everywhere also. So far my incidents have not been very voluminous, tg, just some leaks and that's because I ate something that I should not have eaten. I hope I never have to go the diaper route. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite 

Has anyone mentioned Kegel exercises to you?  

You might want to read about them.  

Best Wishes

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Veridoc  I had my urethrea stretched too.  Wow, what a surprise that was.  This was almost 40 yrs. ago and I think my fingernail marks are still on the ceiling of that examine room.  Had to have it done a couple of times.  They said a UTI caused stenosis (narrowing) of the urethrea.

It was also a treat the first couple times you urinated after that little procedure.

I'm sure 40 yrs. later they do it differently.

I never knew anyone else that had it done.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@tsavorite 

Has anyone mentioned Kegel exercises to you?  

You might want to read about them.  

Best Wishes

I have read about them....wonder if they would be the right thing to do for my issues?  I could begin doing them for a few weeks and see what happens...at this point why not??  Thanks for reminding me of them.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Veridoc  I had my urethrea stretched too.  Wow, what a surprise that was.  This was almost 40 yrs. ago and I think my fingernail marks are still on the ceiling of that examine room.  Had to have it done a couple of times.  They said a UTI caused stenosis (narrowing) of the urethrea.

It was also a treat the first couple times you urinated after that little procedure.

I'm sure 40 yrs. later they do it differently.

I never knew anyone else that had it done.

This is what makes me terrified....OMGoodness...

Honored Contributor

It takes me a while to empty.  Sometimes it slow trickles out, and after I stand up sometimes a little can leak. I go more often with not satisfying results.  I do not have leaks as a problem otherwise.  They have narrowed my problem to 2 things.  One is my back, and nerve damage in the 3-5L area.  The other is the ureters, or what ever they are that carry urine from bladder to urethra has narrowed with age.  Sometimes it gets bad and I go in and he does a stretching of the tube.  He inserts this scope into urethra to bladder and it widens the passage.  It is uncomfortable for 3 minutes or less.  Mainly my back hurts.  BUT it works!!  For a few months I get a good stream and it seems to empty better.  I am due to do it again.  Getting old aint for sissies.  I remember the good old days when I held my bladder for hours and then went in a heavy stream what seemed like forever.