Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,231
Registered: ‎11-15-2011

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨

Image result for men die from stubbornness

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨

Men have a higher death rate ??? Everyone dies! That would just indicate there are more men then women.Women have more preventative tests because men don't have breasts, uteruses or ovaries. They don't do a screening for prostate cancer. Esophageal cancer is a STD - more men get it - go figure!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨


@151949 wrote:

Men have a higher death rate ??? Everyone dies! That would just indicate there are more men then women.Women have more preventative tests because men don't have breasts, uteruses or ovaries. They don't do a screening for prostate cancer. Esophageal cancer is a STD - more men get it - go figure!


@151949

 

If you read closely, they mention that cancer, diabetes, etc. cause more DEATHS in men.  It is possible to have cancer or diabetes and not DIE from those.

 

I take issue with your last sentence especially, bolded by me.

 

Here is some medical research about the causes, but acid reflux is a big risk factor.  

 

http://ecan.org/facts/the-latest-medical-research/

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨

@lolakimono This disease is the reason they want parents to get boys vaccinated for the HPV virus. It doen't just affect girls.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨


@151949 wrote:

@lolakimono This disease is the reason they want parents to get boys vaccinated for the HPV virus. It doen't just affect girls.


@151949

I'm doing my part to educate those who are misinformed, since this is a cause near and dear to my heart.  The OP was from Ecan.org, the Esophageal Cancer Action Network.  

 

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/esophagus-cancer/causes-risks-prevention/risk-factors.html

 

Human papilloma virus (HPV) infection

HPV is a group of more than 100 related viruses. They are called papilloma viruses because some of them cause a type of growth called a papilloma (or wart). Infection with certain types of HPV is linked to a number of cancers, including throat cancer, ****** cancer, and cervical cancer.

 

 

Signs of HPV infection have been found in up to one-third of esophagus cancers from patients in parts of Asia and South Africa. But signs of HPV infection have not been found in esophagus cancers from patients in the other areas, including the US.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨


@lolakimono wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@lolakimono This disease is the reason they want parents to get boys vaccinated for the HPV virus. It doen't just affect girls.


@151949

I'm doing my part to educate those who are misinformed, since this is a cause near and dear to my heart.  The OP was from Ecan.org, the Esophageal Cancer Action Network.  

 

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/esophagus-cancer/causes-risks-prevention/risk-factors.html

 

Human papilloma virus (HPV) infection

HPV is a group of more than 100 related viruses. They are called papilloma viruses because some of them cause a type of growth called a papilloma (or wart). Infection with certain types of HPV is linked to a number of cancers, including throat cancer, ****** cancer, and cervical cancer.

 

 

Signs of HPV infection have been found in up to one-third of esophagus cancers from patients in parts of Asia and South Africa. But signs of HPV infection have not been found in esophagus cancers from patients in the other areas, including the US.


What is your source. If it hasn't been found it is because it wasn't checked on.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨

I worked in a thoracic surgery ICU for many years. Patients who had surgery to remove their esopheal cancers came to our unit post op. One of their screening ? our surgeon asked was if they had a hx of oral s** with multiple partners. Why would you think he asked that?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨


@151949 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@lolakimono This disease is the reason they want parents to get boys vaccinated for the HPV virus. It doen't just affect girls.


@151949

I'm doing my part to educate those who are misinformed, since this is a cause near and dear to my heart.  The OP was from Ecan.org, the Esophageal Cancer Action Network.  

 

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/esophagus-cancer/causes-risks-prevention/risk-factors.html

 

Human papilloma virus (HPV) infection

HPV is a group of more than 100 related viruses. They are called papilloma viruses because some of them cause a type of growth called a papilloma (or wart). Infection with certain types of HPV is linked to a number of cancers, including throat cancer, ****** cancer, and cervical cancer.

 

 

Signs of HPV infection have been found in up to one-third of esophagus cancers from patients in parts of Asia and South Africa. But signs of HPV infection have not been found in esophagus cancers from patients in the other areas, including the US.


What is your source. If it hasn't been found it is because it wasn't checked on.


@151949

The source was already linked in the post, but for your convenience I have highlighted it again in red.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 👨 In Honor of Men's Health Month 👨

So who is cancer.org?