Respected Contributor

Re: If you have trouble sleeping

@AuntG wrote:

A tablespoon of peanut butter and a glass of milk helps me fall back asleep if I wake up during the night.

What about tooth decay?  I wear a invisalign retainer (also had one for my TMJ grinding issues too) so getting up to eat would really be a issue for me LOL!  Noticed several others are waking up and eating also....I always thought the more stuff I do the more awake I will become.

I have no solutions to offer the OP....just reading thur as I am looking for help myself.  I thought being on HRT after meno would help me with sleep but no it never did.  I usually wake up 3 times to pee sometimes even more.  I cut off drinking anything hours prior to bedtime so it's not that.  I also don't drink things with caffine other then 1 cup of coffee in the morning.  So it's not that! 

I plan on seeing a sleep doctor in the next few months....the truth for me is that I haven't been sleeping well for yrs.  At least 10yrs or more now.  

Respected Contributor

E711F0E2-F32E-451B-864A-EFD7D507553D.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@Naturesbeauty  Have you tried any of these products?

Valued Contributor

Melatonin....5mg.

Valued Contributor

@highmaintenancejan  Have you tried it?

Respected Contributor

I eat some type of protein about an hour before I go to bed. Most of the time I eat a slice of turkey with a slice of cheese.

Stay away from anything that has caffeine. Yes , that means chocolate tooWoman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Ok ladies, I see not a single one of you named the best sleep aid of all....a little um....."romance"!!! A few candles, soft music & a little lovin and I sleep like a baby!! 😊
Frequent Contributor

I never realized that peanut butter is a sleep aid. I eat several spoons of peanut butter throughout the day, I guess that explains why I'm always sleepy during the day.

Right now, I'm watching Hallmarks Christmas in July. The predictably of those movies is relaxing, and I fall asleep easily. I wish they were year round.

Audible books also help. I choose something that'll be read in a monotone voice, like a health book. Audible also has a selection of "sleep" stories. Shockingly, my fave is one read by Nick Jonas. It's a 37 minute baseball story, and I'm always falling asleep before the story ends.
Valued Contributor

@pprmntstx  I use it nightly...it works in about 30 min. Great for me.

Respected Contributor

Someone mentioned a weighted blanket here. I just read there are studies & rationale for this. Google this topic for details.