Honored Contributor

Re: If you have trouble sleeping

Hormones.  I have an Estradiol patch and take Progesterone.  

I have always slept well although I'm a very light sleeper.  I'm asleep probably within 5 minutes of my head hitting the pillow altough the cat usually wakes me up pawing at the window just as I'm getting there.  I have a sound machine that makes surf sounds which helps.  My problem was in waking up in the middle of the night and unable to get back to sleep or even get comfortable.  I would remove covers and then get cold and have to pull them back on.  The hormones have helped with that and I sometimes sleep all the way through the night.  However, the gynecologist is lowering my dose so at some point I will have to go off of them and I'm dreading it.  

I know it's a common thing.  I have a friend who gets up and does laundry and cleans the house in the middle of the night because she can't sleep.  I could never do that.  I wouldn't want to wake up my husband even though he's a heavy sleeper.  Even when he's gone, I don't feel comfortable getting up in the middle of the night and doing things.  It's just not the right time to do them.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you have trouble sleeping

Dr. Becker's plan: Vitamin D, magnesium & turmeric.

I just usually take a turmeric, and I'm fine for sleeping.

Once in a while, though, when my mind isn't shutting off, I'll also take a melatonin (5 mg.).

Never did peanut butter, but it also has tryptophan, like turkey & cheese.