Honored Contributor

If you get stung by a summer stinger, what remedy do you use?

Was just reading why some mailmen put a dryer sheet in the mailbox.  Guess it dissuades a few of the buggers, not probaby a swarm though.  Did you read about that?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you get stung by a summer stinger, what remedy do you use?

Nope didn't read about dryer sheets in the mailbox, I do however put strong perfumy smelling ones scattered around in my shed where walls meet floor and on shelves. Supposed to discourage mice. I replace them with fresh ones every couple of weeks.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

The dryer sheets in the mailbox prevents wasps from building nests inside the mailbox....they hate the smell!

It's a common thing in S/E GA!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@qualitygal 

The dryer sheets in the mailbox prevents wasps from building nests inside the mailbox....they hate the smell!

That's one of those "hints" I love come summer and bugs.  I never knew this. You learn something new everyday, almost. LOL

Honored Contributor

The things I learn on this message board. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

I know right?!

We all have so many tips and 'tricks', some regional, that we love to share with other posters!

That's what a 'community' is all about!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@qualitygal 

That's one of those "hints" I love come summer and bugs.  I never knew this. You learn something new everyday, almost. LOL

@qualitygal 

Another 'bug' tip, when it comes to mosquitoes, gnats, 'Skin So Soft' by Avon is the 'golden ticket'!

Here in the deep south (coastal GA) it's sold in drug stores, etc., no need to call the Avon lady!

Respected Contributor

If you get stung, remove the stinger and apply Clorox (bleach) to the area. Pain, gone.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I get stung, I apply meat tenderizer paste (Accent) to the site and take a Benadryl.  MSG isn’t something I use in cooking, but I keep some on hand just in case.  Wasps are terrible right now.  

Edited for clarification.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@qualitygal 

Thanks, for sharing this. I'ved had bees in my mailbox and never heard of the dryer sheets. I'm running to my mailbox  now to put a dry sheet in it.