Honored Contributor

If You Could Put Any Line From A Book On Your Tombstone...What Would You Put?

I came across this question online this morning and thought it would be interesting to see what posters would come up with. I haven't picked mine out yet and I have to leave soon so I will have to think about it first. Right now nothing is popping into my head. I'll check back later. Have fun ladies. I am looking forward to seeing your replies! If you prefer to make up your own instead of getting it from a book...go for it. Funny, inspirational, ...or "dead" serious......(no pun intended) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: If You Could Put Any Line From A Book On Your Tombstone...What Would You Put?

Ok, does a line from a movie count? (this may be in the book series too)

"I'll be back"

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Cindy

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Could Put Any Line From A Book On Your Tombstone...What Would You Put?

I can't think of a line from a book, but my favorite saying is

"A Diamond Is A Chunk Of Coal That Made Good Under Pressure .... "

Esteemed Contributor

Kinda morbid thought - but here goes.....""Life was a Journey"". I plan on being cremated.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

""Valar Morghulis""

Super Contributor

""The End.""

Frequent Contributor

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
? Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Honored Contributor

Can't think of anything for me. However, my beloved sister was a horsewoman and a lover of all things related to these beautiful animals all of her life. She was an excellent racer at the local state fairs. Intoned in my eulogy and engraved on her urn, are the words "Ride in Peace and Joy."

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Gosh, food for thought. I can think of song lyrics I'd use, but not a line from a book. Guess it doesn't matter since I'm donating my body to science for medical research & whatever they don't use will get cremated.

Honored Contributor

Well, I'm home and still can't think of one from a book. VCamp...song lyrics are fine. I think donating your body is admirable. When you said that, I thought of "Life Goes On".