Honored Contributor

IF=Intermittent Fasting

[ Edited ]

Several months ago changed my life dramatically choosing plant based lifestyle along with exercise. Discovered IF-Intermittent fasting benefits not only aiding weight loss much more concerning our health.

Wonderful gift of IF flexibility for everyone no matter goal.

You already implement IF while sleeping nightly. 

Key is longer allowing resources within the body. 

For more information several excellent YT channels. 

Share with you the joys of plant based lifestyle.

When I started this journey wanted to reduce my breasts which had taking alot of the 186lbs- short time inflammation throughout my body healed. Best kept beauty secret- PBL save money on skin care products. PBL helps insure intake of fiber recommended in turn keeps gut health system moving, Simply amazing!!

Keep learning more about body mind soul connection.

Wishing you health happiness most of all love.🙋

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Everytime you post about your success on your journey I feel your joy and your eargness for others to experience  your achievements.  It makes me feel very happy for you.

Honored Contributor

Mine isn't plant based, but doing IF has been an interesting experience and I now see the value in it.  I can't say enough good things about it for me.

I also tried MCT oil for the first time just to see if what they say is true about appetite suppressant and all that.

However, I read some literature on IF and women at various stages in life and it may be stressful on the system for women to do IF every day long term, so I am watching things very carefully.

I follow the Primal Blueprint and am a few weeks into a 6 week Keto Reset Diet by the same author, Mark Sisson.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: IF=Intermittent Fasting

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity  Yes, IF is a great tool and relatively easy. I also choose to eat a plant based diet.  Valter Longo is a professor/director of longevity at USC,  (take a look on you tube) that has been doing research (as well as many others), on the long term impact of IF on longevity and metabolic disease.  It is has many other health benefits and is not just primarily a weight loss strategy.   It is the willingness to have an open mind and the ability to be innovative by trying new a new life style that has resulted in your continued success.  Congratulations.... and now you have the joy of expanding your life while living with vibrant health by incorporating IF into your PBL.   It is a winning strategy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  Yes, IF is a great tool and relatively easy. I also choose to eat a plant based diet.  Valter Longo is a professor/director of longevity at USC,  (take a look on you tube) that has been doing research (as well as many others), on the long term impact of IF on longevity and metabolic disease.  It is has many other health benefits and is not just primarily a weight loss strategy.   It is the willingness to have an open mind and the ability to be innovative by trying new a new life style that has resulted in your continued success.  Congratulations.... and now you have the joy of expanding your life while living with vibrant health by incorporating IF into your PBL.   It is a winning strategy!

Hi Sweet phoenixbrd!!🙋

Professor Valter Longo! Research on point. So true what you said being open minded. 💗

Happy Dance-💃"My Fair Lady" ~weeeee~

Respected Contributor

Another fan of IF and PBL.....works for me! (:

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

I have done just that for several decades now. Did it on a regular basis when I was involved in more competitive activities, even though many of my 2 mile/5k, and 10k road runs I was competing against myself, less time to run the distances etc. I did however medal in the over 50 age group runs.

Maybe a couple times a month I would ingest liquids only for 2 days. Stuck with plain H2o and 100% juices like orange/apple, and sometimes tomato juice. Always felt better/lighter, and also stronger overall.

Still do on occasion, but not on the same basis I did when entering Road Races and Speed Skating in our State's Winter Olympic Games.  Just makes my whole body feel better.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

I have done just that for several decades now. Did it on a regular basis when I was involved in more competitive activities, even though many of my 2 mile/5k, and 10k road runs I was competing against myself, less time to run the distances etc. I did however medal in the over 50 age group runs.

Maybe a couple times a month I would ingest liquids only for 2 days. Stuck with plain H2o and 100% juices like orange/apple, and sometimes tomato juice. Always felt better/lighter, and also stronger overall.

Still do on occasion, but not on the same basis I did when entering Road Races and Speed Skating in our State's Winter Olympic Games.  Just makes my whole body feel better.

hckynut 

IF- Results in every aspect mind body achievements-Continues! To amaze me. Perfection simply said.

Best wishes-🙋

Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35, I used to follow a modified primal diet in addition to IMF but got away from it during a recent cross country move. I am wondering whether the keto reset would be a good way to get myself back on track. How is it working for you?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jazzbabe  I've really enjoyed it.  I skipped the 21 day reset portion of the program because I was already fat adapted.  The 21 reset is for people who have never done any type of paleo program before.  Instead of jumping right into keo, he has you do Primal/Paleo for 21 days at 150g of carbs and then you move into the Keto portion for 6 weeks at 50g of carbs.

I've been 99% faithful to the Primal program for 3 years as of October 31, so I didn't need to do the 21 portion.

I am 4 weeks into the Keto portion of the program (2 more weeks to go).  The keto kicked in on day 10 with a bang.  I was bursting with energy. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go to sleep that first night.  When they say it's an adrenalin rush, it really is for women. 

This is why you should only do it for 6 weeks at a time.  It's not something you do for life.

At the end of my 6 weeks, I will go back to regular Primal/Paleo (which for me is about 80g of carbs to lose weight).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN