Esteemed Contributor

I was a worrier a long time ago until my boss said to me..."99% of what you worry about never happens, why waste your time?"  After thinking about it for a few days I realized he was right and from that day forward I worked at not worrying.  It changed my life for the better.

My daughter is a worrier, no matter what is going on she can think of more ways that it won't work or something is going to  go wrong, etc.  It drives me crazy.  Worrying is somewhat like being negative and no one wants to hang with negative people, it takes us down.

Think good thoughts, really work at stopping the worrying, you will feel so much better.  You are going to be just fine and keep remembering that all the worrying you do is not going to change the outcome, why waste your time and energy on negative thoughts?  It is hard to break bad habits but you can do it, and besides worrying causes frowning and frowning causes lines and wrinkles, who needs that? Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@QVCPhobe

Some perspective for today...

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Esteemed Contributor

Love this, thank you for posting it. Heart

@lolakimono wrote:

@QVCPhobe

Some perspective for today...

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I've never understood incessant worrying ... you don't even have all the facts yet, but you are needlessly upsetting yourself?  What's the payoff for doing that?

Best definition I've found .....

"Worry is vividly and emotionally picturing your life as you DON'T want it to happen .... "  

What's the payoff that makes you do that?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@lolakimono

I have lived my life by remembering a certain phrase. This goes back to my early teens, and my mom used to hate it when I showed it to her. She disliked it even more when I told her that is the way I intend to live my life when I become an adult.

The phrase:

"MAN WAS BORN TO LIVE, NOT TO PREPARE FOR LIFE"

And that is exactly the way I have always looked at my life while always trying to live it to the fullest. Now as a happy old man, I have no intention of changing. Hey, Life is good!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

If you did have breast cancer, the good news is that it is very treatable.  So don't worry about something that probably won't occur.

Valued Contributor

My results were benign/normal.  I am so relieved 

Honored Contributor

@QVCPhobe,

So happy your results are normal!   

Trusted Contributor

roni1 wrote:

My results were benign/normal.  I am so relieved 

@QVCPhobe, that's great!  Thanks for the update.

Now you Woman Happy can breathe a sigh of relief. Heart