Honored Contributor
  • I lost 6 pounds last week and I have Kim Kardashian to thank for it. Lol.  I can't believe I just said that.  Kim said she had to lose weight in a short period of time to fit onto that Marilyn dress and she did it by eating only vegetables, fruit and lean proteins.  So, this past week,  I did what Kim says she did but I  added a 100 calorie protein shake for breakfast.  I ate as much as I wanted, I stayed  quite full.  By day 5, I didn't have my usual appetite.  Maybe because I was bored with baked fish and broiled chicken breasts..   I got on the scale this morning and I was down by 6lbs.  Shocker because I have a low metabolism, whenever I do diet, I lose on average a pound a week. I'm going to give it another week.  I already take a multivitamin and calcium and iron supplements so nutritionally, I'm covered.  My BFF owes me a lunch because I won the bet.  I lasted the whole week, she fell off the wagon mid week.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  Good for you! Stay with it...tweek the program as you go along to keep it interesting. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  Good for you. One step at a time.

Honored Contributor
Regular Contributor

I've read the average weight loss on almost any diet is 5 pounds the first week.  Most is due to water weight.  After the initial week weight loss is more like 1 to 2 pounds per week.

I read KK also incorporated 1 or 2 workout sessions per day.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Esteemed Contributor

Who were you betting with? 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Who were you betting with? 

She said in the OP that she won a bet with her BFF, who fell off the wagon mid week.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: I won the bet!

[ Edited ]

This is the diet my BF was put on by the surgeon prior to his hernia surgery.  She wanted his A1C below 7.  The diabetes educator said ot wasn't sustainable long term and added some startches into it. She also recommended the Barilla Protein + pasta. 

Capture.JPG

Respected Contributor

Congrats to you @chrystaltree .   That is a healthy way to do it.  I have lost about 5 pounds as this point, but not in one week.  I eat the way you describe and have cut out bread and empty carbs.  Still have a few to go to get back to my comfortable body weight. I will hang in there with you if you like.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor