Respected Contributor

I've been out of the hospital less than a week

And I'm about as sick as when I went in. I'm beyond frustrated!!  I still have no answers as to what's causing it, and they refused to listen to my concerns on my current meds.  Ugh. Well, still on the rat wheel!! 

Thanks for letting me vent. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I've been out of the hospital less than a week

Have you gotten 2 & 3rd opinions?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac  Yes, I've been dealing with this for a few years, but it's getting worse. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055, I know this statement won't help you feel better, but inspite of the many amazing diagnostic technologies available to doctors, sometimes these tests and procedures still don't render a clear cut diagnosis as to the condition the patient is suffering from.  I know from personal experience this can be extremely frustrating.  That said, I would rather have the doctors say they don't know as opposed to misdiagnosing and/or prescribing drugs which are only masking symptoms, but not actually targeted for a specific condition.  

I pray that your patience holds up and you will soon have the answers needed to get you on the road to feeling better. 

Respected Contributor

@Reba055 - sometimes a change in doctors is a good thing.  I had a doctor for 10 years that never mentioned my high blood pressure.  I switched to a new doctor because the old doctor no longer took my insurance plan.  It was the best thing that ever happened to me.  This doctor instantly mentioned my blood pressure and put me on meds for it and wondered why my old doctor never did anything about it. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Reba dont know what your health issues are but have you considered stopping meds because of the concerns you are having?...Have you looked up side effects of your medications?....Wishing you all the best.

Esteemed Contributor

I really feel your frustration. I was in the hospital for a few days,went back a,week later feeling horrible. In the hospital for a week,tests,poking. Awful. I'm on all sorts of meds and still don't feel good. Drs. rely so much on tests and really hardly look at the patient,just the test results.  I hope you get to the cause and start feeling better.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Reba055@MoJoV@MidNight@hoosieroriginal@Trix

"But all your tests are normal."

What a crock!

So, ok, I guess that means that I do not have these symptoms?

My wish would be that SOMEDAY, MDs would consult with alternative medicine providers/sources and get to the basic foundational problems of illnesses.

I am sorry to hear that you are still so ill.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

I really feel your frustration. I was in the hospital for a few days,went back a,week later feeling horrible. In the hospital for a week,tests,poking. Awful. I'm on all sorts of meds and still don't feel good. Drs. rely so much on tests and really hardly look at the patient,just the test results.  I hope you get to the cause and start feeling better.

@MoJoV,This could very well be the reason you don't feel good. Have a qualified doctor review your meds for interactions or adverse effects, and try to cut down or out wherever you can safely do so. I would also run your list of meds by your pharmacist for additional input.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't forget, some meds are not to be stopped abruptly. As another has said, maybe someone should see if all the meds you're on, aren't working against you in some way. I agree that you might want to have another doctor give it a fresh look.