Honored Contributor

Re: I think my iPad is hurting my hands. Anyone else?

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mindy D     yes. I had a thread here about having tendon issues on the side of my wrist up to my thumb on my left hand.  It has been painful for over a week now and I have a brace on to help me keep it from bending while it hopefully heals.

I know it is most likely from holding my i Pad in my left hand between the thumb and finger when laying down.   I also have bad wrists... and arthritis in my wrists so I am more likely to have pain.  

Having to stay more conscious of how I lift things and not holding the ipad as before... 

I hold my iPad the exact same way as you do while lying down. Is your iPad full sized?

@Mindy D   Yes. Just the regular sized one .  What I am doing now is NOT  PUTTING THE IPad in between my thumb and index finger.  I  now am balancing The ipad on top of my thumb with my thumb bent down. It has been about a week and although it still hurts and I am wearing a wrist brace....it feels better.   

Thanks. I used my iPad pillow today.Its called a Flippy. It works sell in some positions but not others.  It’s not the best solution. Right now I’m laying my arm across the top of my iPad as I type. My wrist still feels the stress on it. Tomorrow, I’m going to remove my Otter case to lighten the iPad. My best to you. Take care.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D - my advice is pretty simple.  Don't hold it.

I've had an ipad since the very first day they were released, years ago.

Except for when my dad was in the hospital and I'd be with him and HAD to hold my ipad, I never hold it, so no, I don't have any pain.

I use a 3M notebook riser that I bought from Amazon.  When I'm at home, the ipad stays on the riser.  I put a throw pillow on my lap, the ipad and riser on top and that's what works for me.

71lxG+wNL2L._SL1500_.jpg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@jlkz : Hey, thanks for that. I know they sell that here but glad to know BB&B has it so I can go take a look. 

I suppose it doesn’t fold when not in use?

I’m the OP. Hi Sadiesadie. I have the one they sell here. It’s called a Flippy or a Flipy. It is good, I have one. I need to use it much more. It doesn’t fold. I have it in gray. I like that the cover can be unzipped and can be washed. You can change positions and hold your device in different viewing angles. You can use it lying down or sitting up. 

A584A438-905E-4B56-BC1B-0236EB33D644.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D @Mindy D wrote:

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@jlkz : Hey, thanks for that. I know they sell that here but glad to know BB&B has it so I can go take a look. 

I suppose it doesn’t fold when not in use?

I’m the OP. Hi Sadiesadie. I have the one they sell here. It’s called a Flippy or a Flipy. It is good, I have one. I need to use it much more. It doesn’t fold. I have it in gray. I like that the cover can be unzipped and can be washed. You can change positions and hold your device in different viewing angles. You can use it lying down or sitting up. 

A584A438-905E-4B56-BC1B-0236EB33D644.jpeg

@Mindy D  I just bough this Flippy today.  QvC actually had a little better price than Amazon (surprises).  There are a lot of copies sold for cheaper on Amazon as well, but, the reviews on those copies were not very good so I bought the original.  I hope it helps. Of course it will take WEEKS for QVC to deliver it😄

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ : Glad you like your case. I have one too where I can stand up my iPad but still seem to have been to hold it when I’m reclining some especially as I shift my body.

Picked this item up at BB&B yesterday with a coupon. I really, really like it.