Respected Contributor

Re: I saw a man at the grocery store using one of those scooters

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Shaunac wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

He probably did drive but wasn't supposed to. I would have to as I'm single and all my peers work.

Seriously - how could you drive with your rt foot in a huge cast?

@151949

Why couldn't he drive with his left foot?

@Shaunac  Huh???  You can brake with your left foot but getting your left foot over to the gas pedal would be impossible. 

Shauna, its not impoosible ( maybe for some folks) I did it. Should I have? No. Did I have a choice? No.

Honored Contributor

I know a lot about driving a stick shift - and you HAVE TO push the gas pedal down at the same time as your letting up on the clutch. IMPOSSIBLE with only one foot!!!!

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:
20 years ago I broke a bone in my right foot while visiting Cocoa Beach and Orlando for the day. Visiting a friend who went to CB for a wedding and had to take her to the airport to head back to LA where she lived. We were walking in a hotel parking lot and I was helping with her luggage and I stepped on the side of a big pothole and snapped the end of a bone. She had to drive my rental car to orlando...meanwhile my foot ballooned up a pain got worse. I had to drive back to Sarasota and THEN drive my STICKSHIFT home and to the emergency room. I had to drive myself to ortho next morning and get casted. Then continued to drive my sticksft daily with my right foot in a cast. A single girl has got to work...you find a way. Luckily I had a sit down job. How did I drive a stickshift with a right foot casted ? VERY carefully!

@LizzieInSRQ  Impossible.  I've driven stick and no way could one foot manage it.

Only if you were using a crutch or some other device to control the push/pull of the clutch.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3  And if you let the clutch up too fast the car stalls.

I read her post to my DH and he was shaking his head and said "you gotta know that can't possibly be true."