Honored Contributor

I "cured" my own plantar fasciitis

Ortho guy who did my knee replacement prescribed physical therapy.  Since we are 30 miles from town and this past winter was brutal, driving-wise, I looked up excercises on internet, which lead me to You Tube.  Two therapists had the same stretching excercises, which I did faithfully for about six weeks.  No more pain and I am back walking every day.  

Respected Contributor

Re: I "cured" my own plantar fasciitis

@depglass  Would you give the link, please?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@depglass 

WOW! You are resourceful!

Thanks for sharing!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Only time resolved mine. I limped around for a year.

Respected Contributor

Wow, that’s Great!  I actually tried that several times unfortunately didn’t work for me and ended up at the orthopedic and in a cast for six weeks which did the trick.

There are times I feel pain coming on and I do my stretches and ****** it in the bud hoping to never get to that awful pain again.  It really hurts.

Good luck and keep taking good care of yourself — it’s important.

Super Contributor

Yep, same here.....stretching exercises w/a towel, ice pack and no walking around barefoot anymore is what helped me....I wear cheap slip on sneakers from walmart and wear around the house because regular slippers just do not give me the support/comfort I need....that heel pain first thing in the morning is no joke - glad you found relief!

Respected Contributor

Great.  You should feel very good about yourself.

I did my own pt for both shoulder rotator cuff and bicep surgery. Didn’t feel like running 3x weekly.

Amazing what we can do when we are determined.

Mine is still very much a work in progress.

Respected Contributor

I have had mine in both feet for more then a yr now....saw foot doc and did all that jazz...shots...orthotics...$600 out of pocket costs and nothing has helped!

Please @depglass post the link for the videos you used....I have tried some on youtube and so far no luck!  

Honored Contributor

@depglass   Good for you!

I did the same too!  I've had PF 2xs over the last 15 years.  It's very painful and can take a long time to get relief!

However I looked up exercises online, plus I switched wearing regular flat shoes to wearing ones with arch support and haven't looked back!  Now I must have arch support for all of my shoes all the time....so far I haven't gotten PF since I switched.

Honored Contributor

@topcat10 wrote:

Yep, same here.....stretching exercises w/a towel, ice pack and no walking around barefoot anymore is what helped me....I wear cheap slip on sneakers from walmart and wear around the house because regular slippers just do not give me the support/comfort I need....that heel pain first thing in the morning is no joke - glad you found relief!

@topcat10   I wear Vionic slippers which offer arch support.  In the summer when it's too hot for slippers I'll wear Vionic flip flops.  I have a few pair that I only wear around the house.  Yes they are more expensive but for me arch support is a major factor in keep plantar fascitis away.