Trusted Contributor

Re: I need the hour I spent doing PT back

Since you are paying out of pocket, are there no other PT facilities in your area?

I've been to PT for several problems and my therapists have always been attentive.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The only thing I can think of is earbuds.

When I first joined the gym, I didn't think about bringing headphones.  Consequently, I wanted to poke my eyes out from boredom walking on the treadmill. It made a huge difference once I downloaded the Pandora app and started listening to a cardio blast track. 

For me, it also helps keep some of the gym weirdos from talking to me.  LOL

@Lipstickdiva  I think I'm one of those "gym weirdos."  Cat Indifferent

@2blonde, oh I'm sure you aren't.  I'm talking about creepy men.  They get on the treadmill right next to a woman even though there are tons of other ones open and start talking. 

A few weeks ago I forgot my headphones and didn't want to go back home so I figured I'd be okay for 1 workout without them.  Less than 5 minutes into walking, I hear "hey baby, how's it goin" and there was a guy getting on the treadmill right next to me.     

@Lipstickdiva Whoa!  I do remember at my old gym, that used to happen sometimes, but eventually that gym was just long-time members who all knew each other, and the only chit chat was fun stuff among friends.

When that gym closed, I (and many of my buddies) had to move to another gym which is much more modern with many serious body builders and diva girls.  Everyone (except me and my buddies) wears headphones.  No one would dare bother anyone there with or without headphones.  We are older than most of them, so we're past the point of caring.  Watching them does make for some good entertainment (and I have picked up a few new workout tricks!).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Clearly, this OP is not approaching physical therapy with a very positive attitude. It's a shame that people don't think that there is work to do in order to get healed.They think someone just pushes a button and it's all done.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Clearly, this OP is not approaching physical therapy with a very positive attitude. It's a shame that people don't think that there is work to do in order to get healed.They think someone just pushes a button and it's all done.

@151949  Normally I wouldn't respond to such an inappropriate post but I decided to make an exception.  Clearly, you haven't read through the whole thread.  

I do realize my sense of humor is lost on a lot of people and especially in this type of written form but I do try.    

Whatever you are truly unhappy about, I really hope it resolves itself and you don't feel the need to tear another person down.  Criticizing anyone who is trying to get better after a health issue, even a minor one like this, is just not okay.      

Esteemed Contributor

The nature of the beast.  Subject doesn't matter!

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 I'm sure you realize by now that there are some posters on here who enjoy jumping on others and have no sense of humor. I have encountered them also.  I love your sense of humor and enjoy your outlook on things (darn bush). Don't let them get you down ever!

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@Laura14 I'm sure you realize by now that there are some posters on here who enjoy jumping on others and have no sense of humor. I have encountered them also.  I love your sense of humor and enjoy your outlook on things (darn bush). Don't let them get you down ever!

@grandma2pkmh  Oh they don't!  

I usually let it go because I know unkind remarks are not personal.  How could they be?  We are all strangers here.  But this one I hated to see continue on to the next person.  

People on this board deal with so much, much more than I ever have.  It's more than enough to deal with bad health or a disability, temporary or chronic, without having someone be unkind to you.

I just thought I'd say something in the hopes that maybe a thought occurs to watch what you type, especially here under Wellness where you are usually talking to someone who is not feeling well or struggling in some way.  

I know I've been reminded myself on occasion when I have unintentionally posted something that I wasn't aware came across in a hurtful way.  And I was grateful for it.

As I said in the previous post, I really hope that person has a better day.  

Honored Contributor

cards

Respected Contributor

I have no real advise.  I've been to two PT places.  While I wouldn't exactly say I "enjoyed" it, it wasn't boring.  I always shared niced conversations with both therapist, and we'd talk, laugh, listen to great music.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went through 3 months of physical therapy. There were several clients and therapists there each time of my session. The therapist talked to me, monitored what I was doing, made suggestions, etc. It was an extremely fast hour as they also joked and played music. I really missed them when I no longer had to attend. I must say that the 3 months paid off as it prevented my gettiing back surgery to correct a problem.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.