Honored Contributor

I need the hour I spent doing PT back

Physical Therapy on my wrist for the first time today.  It is the most boring thing I ever did in my life.  As my wrist was hopefully getting better, my brain cells were fading.  

Anyone have any tips while you are doing endless repetitive exercises?  Even the gym has a tv or I can bring a book.  

I shouldn't complain I know but just sitting in front of a therapist bending my wrist this way and that for several minutes is making me nuts.  There are only so many cars I can count out in the parking lot.  

Respected Contributor

Re: I need the hour I spent doing PT back

My PT was always so painful - I didn't have time to be bored.  I just wanted to focus on getting better so I didn't have to be there anymore.

Trusted Contributor

audio book? listen to music wearing earbuds? try telekinesis? 😄

Honored Contributor

You could just have her wake you when she/he is doneSmiley HappyWoman LOL

and the best Physical therapist I ever had said PT should never hurt!

Amen!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

ROFLMAO!!  Thanks guys!  Heart

Note for next appointment:  Bring teddy bear, blankie, and brush up on my telekenesis fire starting skills in case she really hurts me.  Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

The only thing I can think of is earbuds.

When I first joined the gym, I didn't think about bringing headphones.  Consequently, I wanted to poke my eyes out from boredom walking on the treadmill. It made a huge difference once I downloaded the Pandora app and started listening to a cardio blast track. 

For me, it also helps keep some of the gym weirdos from talking to me.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

When I first joined the gym, I didn't think about bringing headphones.  Consequently, I wanted to poke my eyes out from boredom walking on the treadmill. It made a huge difference once I downloaded the Pandora app and started listening to a cardio blast track. 

@Lipstickdiva  I think I'm one of those "gym weirdos."  Cat Indifferent

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@2blonde, oh I'm sure you aren't.  I'm talking about creepy men.  They get on the treadmill right next to a woman even though there are tons of other ones open and start talking. 

A few weeks ago I forgot my headphones and didn't want to go back home so I figured I'd be okay for 1 workout without them.  Less than 5 minutes into walking, I hear "hey baby, how's it goin" and there was a guy getting on the treadmill right next to me.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@2blonde, oh I'm sure you aren't.  I'm talking about creepy men.  They get on the treadmill right next to a woman even though there are tons of other ones open and start talking. 

A few weeks ago I forgot my headphones and didn't want to go back home so I figured I'd be okay for 1 workout without them.  Less than 5 minutes into walking, I hear "hey baby, how's it goin" and there was a guy getting on the treadmill right next to me.     

@Lipstickdiva  That's what those spray bottles are for next to the paper towels.  They double as creep deterrents.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Physical Therapy on my wrist for the first time today.  It is the most boring thing I ever did in my life.  As my wrist was hopefully getting better, my brain cells were fading.  

Anyone have any tips while you are doing endless repetitive exercises?  Even the gym has a tv or I can bring a book.  

I shouldn't complain I know but just sitting in front of a therapist bending my wrist this way and that for several minutes is making me nuts.  There are only so many cars I can count out in the parking lot.  

When I did PT, there was a big screen on the wall.   And while I wasn't glued to it, it was a distraction.   Also I was in a big room with many other therapists and a few clients.   There was always a good conversation going on.   I'm sorry it's so boring for you.    What you are doing is very important.   I would have lost the use of my hand after breaking my wrist if it wasn't for the therapy.