Honored Contributor

Re: I'm tired of coughing my head off..............

The only thing that works for me is prescription Phenergen.

Trusted Contributor

Yogi Tea Throat Comfort Tea - 16

Helps with coughing too!

Trusted Contributor

Hot Toddy Recipe Variations #PreppyPlanner | Delicious In ...

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@PickyPicky3  My BP was high before this sinus thing.  It started getting high in 2016.  Of course the last 3 weeks haven't help.  

Any kind of infection will raise your B/P. If I'm reading who you are right, you've been through a lot. I wish you all the good things. Maybe needs to add a water pill to your med, or has he.? I fought high B/P a long time till they added a water pill ,usually it's 25.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  what type of HB meds are you on?  If you are on an ACE inhibitor meds like lisinopril, capropril or ramipril,  they can cause a terrible dry cough that will make you miserable.

I hope you feel better soon.  Coughing can wear you down.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie   Yes, it's lisinipril.   I was on a low dose til Wed. and he upped it added water pill.

I read it could cause a cough as a side effect, but this is sinus. I feel like my cat yakking junk up. (sorry for the visual).

I hate the lisinipril, it makes me tired.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Many yeas  ago, I was on Lisinopril because My BP was high in the doctor's office.

It made me cough so bad that my whole body hurt.  It also made me pee myself so bad that I had to wear incontence  pads and underwear.  People kept asking me if I had TB.

The doctor would not believe me that it was the drug that caused the cough and would not prescribe anything different.  He said I had exercise induced asthma and tried to give me drugs for that.  I refused and just stopped talking the Lisinopril and In about a week the coughing stopped.

The worst part is that my BP is usually 110/70.  It only was high in THAT doctor's office because I didn't like him.  So, I didn't have HBP or asthma.

One of my dogs who has heart disease also would cough on Lisinopril.  Her cardiologist changed her drug and she doesn't cough anymore.

Anyway, I hope you get some relief soon.  I know how bad coughing can make you feel.

Honored Contributor

My friend had a  cough for about 3 months...she went thru  a couple rounds of meds, it's better.  She had an x-ray this week and it was clear.  I gusss she is barely coughing now, but was sure tired of the constant cough....feel better!

Honored Contributor

I do great with Zertec and there's no side effects.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I know exactly what you are going through.........................I had a coughing jag at Mass yesterday and was so embarrassed!!  Thought I was being super proactive with a pocket full of cough drops.......which took a bit of time to work their magic!

Here's hoping we all return to good health quickly Heart