Respected Contributor

Background: 2.5 years ago I got real sick and was diagnosed with auto-immune hepatitis.

It has now "progressed" (as of October) to cirrosis--not a real bad case, but, still....cirrosis.

So now I have to have a whole bunch of tests done, including a liver biopsy. I've had one before and it's not that bad but it's not a picnic either.

Before I have the liver biopsy, I have to have an endoscopy--for that, fortunately, I'll be knocked out.

BUT In order to have the endoscopy, I have to have a bunch of lab tests too.

And eventually my liver doc will give me the results.

I have some other medical issues going on too; nothing deadly but right now it hurts to even get out of bed and get dressed. The only reason I do is I refuse to let myself slide into...well, I don't know what but I think it's important to have some structure to my day, even if it's only my 10-minute appointment with my treadmill.

Whew! thanks for letting me unload.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten.  Sounds like you've had a long and arduous medical journey.  You are neither gone nor forgotten so get over that.  You'll have your tests and biopsy and hopefully treatment will help you feel better.  You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.  Let us know how you're doing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

As the owner of two autoimmune diseases, I live on the ‘one day

at a time’ plan.

I Hope tomorrow is a better one for you.

Best Wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Background: 2.5 years ago I got real sick and was diagnosed with auto-immune hepatitis.

It has now "progressed" (as of October) to cirrosis--not a real bad case, but, still....cirrosis.

So now I have to have a whole bunch of tests done, including a liver biopsy. I've had one before and it's not that bad but it's not a picnic either.

Before I have the liver biopsy, I have to have an endoscopy--for that, fortunately, I'll be knocked out.

BUT In order to have the endoscopy, I have to have a bunch of lab tests too.

And eventually my liver doc will give me the results.

I have some other medical issues going on too; nothing deadly but right now it hurts to even get out of bed and get dressed. The only reason I do is I refuse to let myself slide into...well, I don't know what but I think it's important to have some structure to my day, even if it's only my 10-minute appointment with my treadmill.

Whew! thanks for letting me unload.

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I'm glad you could come here and unload.  Sometimes family/friends don't want to hear our woes and it's good to let it out.  My husband has a lot of health problems - it seems each day I have to ask how's your back, how's your stomach, how's your head today? etc. etc.    Health stuff can dominate your thoughts - try and do something fun or different for yourself - even if it's just a drive to get a donut or smoothie at a place you've never been.  Come here anytime and take care Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

My father used to say that any day that you can wake up is a good day. Then if you can get up out of bed and anything else is a gift.

Each day is a gift.

I pray your health improves.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten -

I know how you feel.

and I'm so sorry. But know you are not alone. There are many of us warriors being glad if its a good day,

and tired of the ones that are not.

Keep on looking up, and wait for those good days, and just let the bad ones happen and roll on.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Ralph Waldo Emerson stated the first wealth is health.

We are not always able to change what happens to us healthwise, but we can persevere, care tenderly for our bodies, and be kind to ourselves, to live the best lives possible.

Trusted Contributor

I really admire you that you are taking charge of your health and doing what you need to do. So many people just ignore their own health. I wish you the best on your journey and test results. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten -

I know how you feel.

and I'm so sorry. But know you are not alone. There are many of us warriors being glad if its a good day,

and tired of the ones that are not.

Keep on looking up, and wait for those good days, and just let the bad ones happen and roll on.

@on the bay 

Amen!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Sorry you have to go thru this difficult journey, but I hope the results will help the Drs treat you correctly and that you will ultimately feel better. Come and vent here any time you feel sad or burdened. We are all friends and here for you.