Trusted Contributor

I'm so exasperated. I need to vent

To make a long story short...recents tests show I may have Hepatitis C or it could be a problem with my gallbladder or...who knows what!

I've been through a lot of tests and my primary care doctor hasn't yet let me know the results (and no I'm not being impatient; the last one was a week ago). I NEED to know this information, not just for my own sake but there are other doctors treating me, prescribing medication--a LOT of medications--etc., so you can see how important this information is for them too (and my doctor KNOWS all this).

I called a couple of days ago to find out the results and his assistant treated me like a misbehaving three-year-old, as though I were out of line for wanting to know. That really gets under my skin; I haven't done anything "wrong", except perhaps testing positive for Hepatitis C.

Well, I'll get it all straightened out eventually but I sure am upset that it's playing out like this. Thanks for letting me vent.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm so exasperated. I need to vent

On 12/2/2011 Miss Lorraine said:

I got VERY good news today.

Rather than waiting around for a pone call, I went in to see my doctor today and get my test results.

I DON'T HAVE HEPATITIS C!!

I have anitbodies which mean I've been exposed to it but more detailed tests how I DON'T have it. Hurray! I wish I hadn't had to sweat bullets for 2 weeks but all's well that ends well.

I did mention to my doctor that his assistant had been snippy with me and he apologized.

So, all in all, I have a happy ending and it couldn't have come at a better time. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

YAY!!!!!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

MsLorraine,

Completely re-wrote my response after reading that you were able to meet with you PCP and found out you don't have Hep C. Hooray!!!

(Suggestion for next time. For issues pertaining to the organs/body parts that were tested/considered, see a gastroenterologist.)

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/5/2011 arrianna said:
On 12/5/2011 EarthGrl said:

I have a very good friend who is the office admin of a GP/PCP practice here. She said they had some "issues" with "problem" patients who came in demanding things loudly when they wanted them and generally disrupting the office. They had a practice meeting and they consulted their lawyer and as a result, they now have a policy in place where every patient has to sign an agreement form that if they are deemed loud, obnoxious or in any way problem people, they can be terminated as patients and they will not be allowed to return to any of the doctors or the practice. She said many practices are going this route to cut down on the unruly and difficult/problem patients who cause a rucus. It may come to this in many practices if people insist on having their way. She said it doesn't happen often but at least they now have a recourse if it does.

I wish we could get a paper signed that they wouldn't be rude to us, lol. fat chance, lol.

Oh, boy, do I agree!

On a Monday, I went in to see my neuro. The young adult who was supposed to take my vitals was clearly ill - full blown head cold with watery eyes, drippy nose, productive cough and she was flushed, so I'm thinking perhaps a bit of fever. I informed them that I would not go near that person because she belonged home not at work and I could not afford to become ill due to my work responsibilities. Boy, did I get an earfull. They reported my "bad" behavior to my neuro before I went into the exam room. The gall!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, geez, fell for this one. It's the troll again. Brought up hundreds of old threads over night.

This is from 2011.

Honored Contributor

On 12/2/2011 Miss Lorraine said:

I got VERY good news today.

Rather than waiting around for a pone call, I went in to see my doctor today and get my test results.

I DON'T HAVE HEPATITIS C!!

I have anitbodies which mean I've been exposed to it but more detailed tests how I DON'T have it. Hurray! I wish I hadn't had to sweat bullets for 2 weeks but all's well that ends well.

I did mention to my doctor that his assistant had been snippy with me and he apologized.

So, all in all, I have a happy ending and it couldn't have come at a better time. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Glad you finally received good news. Nothing worse then waiting for results from the doctors office. I signed a paper at the doctors office that allows them to mail me all copies of labs I have done. I want them for my records & to see the results myself. I have had a previous doctor give me results before & not the whole scoop so I always look at them myself now. When I have labs they tell me the doctor will have the results tomorrow or in 2 days. If a test has to be sent out to be done they also tell me that. In the future when you have labs if they don't give you this info. just ask them when the doctor will have the results & they will tell you.

Valued Contributor

On 1/21/2015 sfnative said:

Oh, geez, fell for this one. It's the troll again. Brought up hundreds of old threads over night.

This is from 2011.

Yep, I noticed how old this thread is too; I'm going to be more careful in what threads I post as I saw this happen a few months ago.

Honored Contributor

So who is the troll? The first person to respond to the 2011 thread? Was something deleted?

Good news is, there are new drugs that treat Hep C completely. Banish it from the system totally I believe.

All this has happened since the 2011 thread!