Valued Contributor

I’m “Officially A Non-Smoker”!

I quit smoking cigarettes 6 years ago today!  In order for my insurance company to recognize me as a "non smoker", I needed to have 5 years of no cigarettes. I'm proud to say I've achieved this. I quit by vaping. Yes it's controversial, but I only vaped for 5 months and haven't looked back. Smoking has caused me many health deficits and I'm glad I'm done with it! To any cigarette smokers out there; if I can do it, you can too.! Just proud of myself. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I’m “Officially A Non-Smoker”!

@HonestLife   Congratulations on your official status.  I did it too 36 years ago this coming October 13th, on a whim cold-turkey while on vacation.  I was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker who'd never tried to quit before.  I still get the urge once in awhile but it leaves as fast as it appears. Mostly, I don't think about it.  I'm sure I'd be dead by now if I'd kept smoking.  My friends who didn't quit are. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I quite 9-26-1996 and it's the hardest thing I've ever done. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh, I just realized this was posted under "Electronics" and not "Wellness". I never said my vision was perfect. 😊

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!  You should be so proud of yourself!  I quit about 5 years ago, cold turkey.  I still miss it sometimes, but there is no going back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been 25 years for me, and it is truly the best thing I've ever done. Congratulations on a real achievement  !  🍾

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

Ugh, I just realized this was posted under "Electronics" and not "Wellness". I never said my vision was perfect. 😊

@HonestLife    Send a msg to the mods at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com and ask them to move it.   I thought maybe you used electronic cigs. Lol

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good for you. I quit 6/18/2011. Too bad for me it wsn't soon enough as I have COPD. I started when I was 10 or 11, swiping my folks smokes and by age 15 or 16 was a heavy smoker until age 59. Yes, for all you still smoking, please quit. The money I thought I would save by not smoking now goes for medicine to help me to be able to breathe. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations on your achievement. Best thing I ever did was quit. It was very hard for me, 22 years ago. I can't stand the smell of it now at all. 

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife   Congrats!!