Esteemed Contributor

Re: I just made my first skin check appt-what to expect?

@hckynut wrote:

@Laura14

I had 3 areas on my arms, and one on my forehead, that were superficial skin cancer removed. One on my arm took 2 different removals to make sure they got all the tissue. Took quite awhile for it to heal.

Our Dermatologist is my Cardiologist's daughter, so that worked out really well for my wife and I. My wife had more areas checked than I did, as she had several more areas she was concerned about.

If some Dermatologists check everywhere? I have no idea what that entails. I would think skin cancers would be in areas where the skin had more exposure, but I really do not know.

Hope all goes well for you, and let me know, eh?

hckynut

Actually, @hckynut, you can get skin cancer anywhere.  It can be on areas where the sun didn't shine - if you know what I mean. Under your finger or toe nails is common.  My derm  told me once that the most common areas for skin cancer are heads and nose for men and the top of the thighs for women. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Hello @Laura14

Glad to hear your experience was not a bad one, and mostly that it sounds like you came out completely cleared. Can't beat those results. 

Thanks for giving an update on your experience and results, much appreciated.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Laura14 @esmeraldagooch  So . . . she didn't take the blow torch thingy and remove your age spot? I had one age spot on my arm . . . and my Dermotologist found it (I knew it was there) and he removed it while removing the dangerous spots!

I'm 70 and don't have my one and only age spot any longer, which my son loved to tease me about. Kind of miss that "large freckle" as my grandson called it! (Gotta remember it's a "barnicle" when my son gets his first age spot after his teasing! Paybacks will be H*ll for him. LOL)

Dang, wish we were able to help pay for your office visit. It's going to be expensive, I'm afraid. Glad you had it checked out. Thanks for being on the safe side, Laura. 

It was a canister like a blow torch but it felt cold.  Sure worked quick.

Esteemed Contributor

@esmeraldagooch  Those were all on the left side of my face, left ear and in my hair. I have Lupus and am never in the sun except driving. All my cars have had tinted windows for many years! Those sun rays are still very dangerous. Best wishes.

Money screams; wealth whispers.