Honored Contributor

Re: I just made my first skin check appt-what to expect?

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady  I can tell I am going to buy myself a nice reward after this experience aren't I?  I can almost feel the warm blanket and fuzzy socks and my favorite stuffed animal and hot tea as I recover from the trauma after work today trembling in a corner.

You are all being really nice to me and I appreciate that but I can read through the lines.  I am so glad I took the first appointment on the books to get it over with.  I am going to be the fastest stripper this side of the Mississippi in about an hour and then Bye, Felicia!    

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  It's not that bad. Be glad you'll have the mold removed and you'll never have to worry about it again! You'll be fine. Warm hugs! Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  Mold?  Opps . . . I hope he removes just your mole!!!!

Honored Contributor

LOL @BirkiLady!  I never turn down a good cleaner.  Have at it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut  I am just OLD!  LOL 

She about choked when trying to tell me my keratosis was darkening with an age spot. Smiley Surprised  I guess some 40 somethings don't take that well.  I helped her out and said so I'm just old right, no cancer?  And she laughed at me and said yes. 

Thanks for the support and well wishes and what to expect everyone.  You guys were right on.  Oh and I wasn't completely bare but just about.  I was told to keep my bra and underwear on and then she wrapped me in a paper towel gown that ripped most of the way anyway so I gave her and the assistant a show for five minutes.  Very quick and painless and I set the appointment up for next year.

I love all of you guys and this board.  You really made an anxious situation so much better!    Heart       

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14So, how did it go? Curious people want to know! Are you still alive and well and living in GA? 

Respected Contributor

Glad to see everything went well.  My doctor calls them barnicles of life Laura14.  I went in a few months ago also.  No melanoma or cancer, and I talked to her about the brown spots on both face cheeks.  She asked if I wanted them removed then froze them off.  It took like two minutes and a week to heal.  I am so happy to have them gone.  If I thought it was that easy I would have had it done years ago.  No scars, just gone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 @esmeraldagooch  So . . . she didn't take the blow torch thingy and remove your age spot? I had one age spot on my arm . . . and my Dermotologist found it (I knew it was there) and he removed it while removing the dangerous spots!

I'm 70 and don't have my one and only age spot any longer, which my son loved to tease me about. Kind of miss that "large freckle" as my grandson called it! (Gotta remember it's a "barnicle" when my son gets his first age spot after his teasing! Paybacks will be H*ll for him. LOL)

Dang, wish we were able to help pay for your office visit. It's going to be expensive, I'm afraid. Glad you had it checked out. Thanks for being on the safe side, Laura. 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady she said the change in the color about half way through my brown keratosis I think she called it was an age spot. Nothing to worry about and it would never go cancerous but of course always watch everything. She never offered to remove it and it's pretty much under my clothes most of the time. Doesn't bother me.

She really was uncomfortable telling me I was "old." I was never so happy to be old in all my life.

She also mentioned I had way too much hair to really see my scalp which I think is funny since it's not what it used to be but apparently I have plenty to lose.

Glad to cross this worry off the list and happy to have another health appointment to keep me healthy next year. Thanks for getting me through it. ♥️

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  Congrats 🍾!! Glad you’re okay.