Esteemed Contributor

After coughing for weeks, and finally dropping the excuse that it was just my asthma acting up, I saw the doctor. After tests, I got a call from my internist in the middle of the day...always a bad sign. She told me it’s pneumonia. I’m on an antibiotic, will be getting blood work, and if I don’t start feeling better they’ll do a CT scan, and then figure out what to do. I am hoping I can avoid all that.

Valued Contributor

Feel better soon!

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

After coughing for weeks, and finally dropping the excuse that it was just my asthma acting up, I saw the doctor. After tests, I got a call from my internist in the middle of the day...always a bad sign. She told me it’s pneumonia. I’m on an antibiotic, will be getting blood work, and if I don’t start feeling better they’ll do a CT scan, and then figure out what to do. I am hoping I can avoid all that.

So sorry, i read your post about your little dog,having to get help for him,are you going to be able to go?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Hope you get better!

Now you have antibiotics, each day will get better.

Get tons of sleep & take it easy🌼

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that. The coughing can be terrible.

Trusted Contributor

I’m so sorry to hear you’re sick. Please try to rest and get well soon.  

Esteemed Contributor

Goldensrbest, yes, we took our beagle to an amazing animal hospital near Albany NY a few days ago and Maddie is better already. She and I are resting comfortably. I admit, I postponed taking care of myself until after Maddie's visit. I also used the excuse of my other responsibilities, including a husband with Alzheimer’s. I still have a way to go and I learned a lesson the hard way, but I shall not repeat my foolishness.

Honored Contributor

I had walking pneumonia once!  Get well soon!!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

@Vivian    It is good you went in finally and are being treated... I lost a friend to pneumonia years ago.  She had a cough that would not go away... did not want to go to the doctors and passed away at home one night. 

Trusted Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Goldensrbest, yes, we took our beagle to an amazing animal hospital near Albany NY a few days ago and Maddie is better already. She and I are resting comfortably. I admit, I postponed taking care of myself until after Maddie's visit. I also used the excuse of my other responsibilities, including a husband with Alzheimer’s. I still have a way to go and I learned a lesson the hard way, but I shall not repeat my foolishness.

@Vivian What vet did you use if you do't mind me asking. I'm always curious about who people use around here and I might switch vets in the future for my cats partly out of convenience.