Esteemed Contributor

I have my new knee and I'm home!

I had my surgery yesterday. They changed it from noon to 1:30.  Outside of being tired and having a sore knee I'm good.  DD picked me up at noon today, got me settled and went on a quick run to the store while waiting for my precriptions.

I see a nap in my future.  I am icing my knee.  Everyone was surprised how well I got around at the hospital. No problems at all.  I walked out, declined wheelchair.  

Home health and PT come to the house tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know it's a done deal.  I'll say one thing this puppy stiffens up quick.

Honored Contributor

Re: I have my new knee and I'm home!

YAAAAAAAAAYYY! I'm glad to hear your good news!  Take it easy, rehab like a champ and look forward to getting this all over with!  Prayers and good thoughts for you!

Trusted Contributor

So glad it went well for you!  You are a real trouper and I am sure you recovery will go well for you.  What a relief to have that behind you.  Your pain will now be for only liminted time during recovery - then it will be a thing of the past.  Take good care of yourself!  You are in good hands with DD there to help.  The hardest part will be to keep the cats off your knee - they will want to get on your lap and give you curative love.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome back! It is wonderful that you are home so quickly, and appear to be recovering nicely. They have come such a long way in orthopedic surgery. I wish you continued success on your healing journey.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Soo very happy to hear that you're doing well.I hope you continue to progress & heal .💐

Honored Contributor

Now you can hunker down, hibernate and enjoy winter while you do your PT, knowing you're not missing any pretty weather.  Glad to hear the worst is over.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe how sore this thing is. I think i overdid walking out on my own steam even though it's a small hospital. It was all that far.

That nerve block didn't last long.  I got settled in my room about 5:00 pm.  About midnight they gave me pain pills.

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear everything went so well.  Ice, ice, ice that knee.  Also take the pain meds on schedule whether you think you need them or not.  The less pain you feel, the more effort you will put into your PT.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  They gave me a pain pill at 11:30, I left at a little after noon.  By the time I got home I was saying a few choice words.  I just took another pill.

I know not to overdo, so I think I will be taking it easy the rest of the day.

Hopefully it will calm down.  I don't know if it's all pain or that and a lot of stiffness.

I think I have about 30 staples in my knee. It's going to be quite a battle scar.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2.  I warned you about overdoing it and not just this week but for the next six weeks at least.  Do not go shopping or try to take long walks.  Do not play ice hockey or run up and down the stairs.  TAKE IT EASY.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment