Honored Contributor

I have good news!! about my dental implants!

I'm following up about a comment I posted on another thread regarding my scleroderma-related tooth loss. Some of you may have read that comment.

The good news is that I will be getting dental implants! I've been busy scrambling around trying to find a away I could make it happen and it's a long story but the good part is that I am going to get my teeth fixed. I am so elated and feel I have been blessed. 

I have been scanned and everything looks good so my first surgery will be early next year. That's as early as I could get in. Once the implants get put in then I have to wait and heal for at least four months, maybe longer. Then the abutments and crowns get put on after that. I will be toothless during this time of healing but the missing teeth are in the back so no worries about how I look.  For now there are no more additional teeth getting loose but things can change and I will have to cross that bridge when I get there.

Honored Contributor

Re: I have good news!! about my dental implants!

congratulations-2271.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

That is good news.  Good luck and will keep you in my thoughts.🤩

Respected Contributor

So happy to hear your good news!  I am so glad it all worked out for you!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on your good news! I had to google scleroderma so that I could understand. It sounds like your journey has been an arduous one, but you now have a light at the end of the tunnel. I pray all goes well for you on your health and wellness journey.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee That's GREAT news!! Congrats!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Good luck with your new implants and subsequent teeth!  I had to have a molar pulled last April due to an infected root canal that had gone to the bone (a big shock to me as I take great care of my teeth).  It is a process, but I'm nearing completion of this lengthy project.  I received the implant last May.  It currently has had the metal cap, and I've had to chew on the other side of my mouth, which is hard because I had another extraction on that side when I was 16.

All has gone well, and I'm scheduled to get the crown put on it the middle of this month!  I'll be so happy to have my tooth back.  The whole thing, including the extraction, will cost me around $3,000 (my dental insurance doesn't cover implants, but it does cover some of the extraction and crown costs).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee. You probably feel as though a huge burden has been lifted from your shoulders.  Big relief, I'm  sure.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

What a huge relief, @SilleeMee . Having healthy teeth is so important to overall health. I'm so very happy for you. Congratulations!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   YAY!!!!   I hope you remember me, I was the dental assistant that chatted about it with you a bit.  I am so happy that you looked into this, congrats and best wishes!!!