Super Contributor

Re: I have a standing desk - Summer Sandals are killing me - Ideas?

Vionic, they're great 

Respected Contributor

There are tons of cute supportive sandals. I know because I had two neuromas in one foot and surgery on my foot as well so I have to have well made comfortable sandals. Naot, Dansko, Mephisto and Ariat make pretty and feminine sandals. I bought three pairs ofAriat low wedge sandals with an ankle strap and zip back last year. Ariat makes equestrian boots so they know feet. The sandals have that Ariat footbed technology built in and I actually wear them outlet shopping and on vacations. Pretty, supportive sandals are not cheap, but watch for sales and you can help your feet be happy. Good hunting!

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Could you put a mat to stand on in your cube.

I do have a nice mat but no support in my sandals are just killing my feet, I walk a lot and workout 6 days a week so I'm no stranger to standing but this is my first summer with a standing desk and so far sandals are just not gonna cut it

@SandGirl

Why did your employer change from regular to standing desks, anyway?    

You're going to have to face facts that cute little "decorative" sandals on your feet all day are going to be a painful disaster, and you need to either wear well padded sneakers .....   or get a high stool to give yourself  a chance to sit at times. 

Honored Contributor

All of the above-mentioned shoes are great...but Naots are very special shoes,  terrific support and at the same time supreme comfort.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirlIf you want to wear sandals, buy good support!  While my old-age foot problems cannot all be blamed on bad shoes from my younger years, some of them can.  Your discomfort at that stand-up desk is telling you something that could eventually be a serious health issue.

Others have mentioned the brands I wear -  experiment until you find one or two or three that give you comfortable support.

Esteemed Contributor

Look at European sizing/European manufacturers since they are the most comfortable, (since they walk a lot) though the most expensive (but also the most well-made): Mephisto, Fly Flot, and I just got the Alegria.

I got one Vionic, but for comfort, these do not stand up to the others.

Clarks, too, is good w/ comfort, and they are getting better w/ styles.

Honored Contributor

Phooey...rarely 'cute' & 'comfortable' are in the

same sentence when talking about women's sandals (!),

but I remember seeing "Taryn Rose" shoes (Neiman Marcus)

on pretty & comfortable lists.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone!  I ordered a pair of Alegria from Nordstrom last night, just basic black, it's a start, i will see how that goes, very worse case I will just bring padded running shoes (workout shoes I wear) and switch in or out.

The stool is a great idea, my desk goes up and down so I can sit if I want but it's a pain to get it adjusted to right so I prefer not to mess with it, i am really busy with my job so I don't really have a lot of time to fuss with my desk.  BUT, I may look into a stool to lean on at times I need, that is a great idea!! Nobody else has stools so I will be a trend setter hee,hee

I can't wait to try some of the other brands mentioned here, I am really happy I asked the question, I honestly have never needed comfort sandlas as I sat all day and they were fine to wear but standing and in my mid 40's now, I need them - so happy to have my QVC family here  Smiley Wink  THANK YOU ALL!!!  Appreciate your time in responnding.

Honored Contributor

I agree with Alegria Sandals. They are the most comfortable sandals I have tried......Love them.Also Skechers has some really cute leisure shoes out right now, very comfortable too. You might want to give them a look/see......I work with a lot of ladie and gentlemen that have the stand up desks, and most of the ladies have some sort of flat shoe or comfortable sandal on, with a few in leisure shoes....

Honored Contributor

I'm really afraid that my high heel days are over or severely limited.  I've had back issues for a number of years.  My is definitely a muscle issue.   I sit all day at work which definitely isn't helpful at all. 

I recently bought the Skechers and they are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.  I feel like I could run in these. 

Last week I wore a pair of Born wedges and by the end of the day, my lower back and down both legs hurt so bad I was in tears.  I've worn these Skechers yesterday and today without issue.

I did not buy mine from QVC because I found them cheaper elsewhere.

Skechers Parallel Trapezoid Platform Wedge Sandal