Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

The cath was only in the hospital which apparenlty started this infection 

@Still Raining wrote:

It must be so hard to have daily use of a catheter for so many months.

Hope all the doctors are onboard and providing good solutions.

Rest well.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

As a UTI sufferer, I feel for you. That is miserable.

I am one that cannot take Bactrim.  It messes up my stomach and it never fully kills the bacteria and I always ended up having to be put on another antibiotic because the UTI returned a couple weeks later or I never got any better after taking Bactrim.

Valued Contributor

Hopefully you are feeling better.  It does seem things happen one on top of the other.  Good luck.  They can be miserable.

Esteemed Contributor

I am another one who can't tolerate Bactrim/Septra....... I find that Cipro helps me....  I don't get why one doctor will give me 10 pills (q12 hours) for five days and another doctor will give me 14 pills (q12 hours) for seven days.  

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox I am also recovering from UTI. I am taking Nitrofurantoin Mono.  It has been working so far. I also am taking Cranberry pills I got from Walgreens.  

Feel better soon. UTI is not pleasant at all. 

Honored Contributor

Hope you're starting to feel better. Bactrim always worked well for me. 

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox haven't seen any posts from you in a while.  Hope everything is okay with you and you are feeling better.

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain.ive had this myself,due to catheter.hopefully Bactrim will take care of this problem.it always did mine.take care dear

Honored Contributor

I am recovering still from the hip getting around and doing my pt at homem its a big job.

Hip sore but healing, I have developed had a headache from anxiety and tension with is pretty horrible. I am seeing my cardiologist tomorow it might be from BP also

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

UTI's are so miserable, between Thanksgiving and Christmas I was on three different antibiotics--Macrobid, Cipro,and Amoxicillin. Made for some pretty miserable holidays.