Honored Contributor

I had decided to try out weigh watchers

So I went to their site to see where the local meetings are. The nearest one that I can make it to  is 16 miles away in an area that has heavy traffic. There is one at a church locally but it meets only once a week at a time when DH needs the car.Another one 20 miles in another direction from the first one meets once a week but at a time when I'm at  my aerobics class, which is important to me to keep me mobile.I guess this is a disadvantage of living in a small town.

DH is going to try to change his volunteer day  so I can go to the one at the local church.

Contributor

Re: I had decided to try out weigh watchers

Did you know that you can do WW totally online?  I have been on it for a few months, and I track everything I eat with the daily tracker online.  It works really well.  The only disadvantage is that there is no "weigh-in" but my loose clothing tells me that it is working.  Try it out!!

Honored Contributor

Online won't work for me. I NEED to have to be weighed in and held accountable.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

So I went to their site to see where the local meetings are. The nearest one that I can make it to  is 16 miles away in an area that has heavy traffic. There is one at a church locally but it meets only once a week at a time when DH needs the car.Another one 20 miles in another direction from the first one meets once a week but at a time when I'm at  my aerobics class, which is important to me to keep me mobile.I guess this is a disadvantage of living in a small town.

DH is going to try to change his volunteer day  so I can go to the one at the local church.

@151949

I know many people who have used this program and done very well on it.  I also feel a system works better if you can do it in person.  I tried WW years ago and did not care for it, but I'm sure many things have changed and improved since there.  I wish you the best of luck.  Speaking from experience, it does feel very satisfying when you make up your mind to do something like this.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I was lucky that I had a variety of meeting days, times, places and leaders to choose from because not all leaders are creaed equal.

A great leader (and a great group) can really make the program successful for you because you enjoy going (even when you know you've not had a good week).

I am also one who needed the accountability to weigh in, so online doesn't work for me either (although it wasnt an option for the first few years I did WW).

Good luck and I hope things work out so you can attend meetings.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

it is a program that is very easy to live with

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@151949@Maybe you could do the online version with a friend and then weigh in together.I think that could help or maybe weigh in with someone who is not such a good friend (maybe a neighbor)for a little more accountability.We take a walk every night after dinner and I truly believe that keeps our weight in check.My DH and I walk three miles to feed a stray cat so we enjoy a little cat visit and now we have met dogs who need treats and a couple of goats we pick grass for along the way.

Respected Contributor

I belong to WW and go to meetings. I have to be held accountable with a weigh in also. You will like it, just go to the local WW meeting, you will not be sorry. 

Respected Contributor

I assume that most of the people that go to meetings are female. I wish the web site would say something about men attendance. I know men are welcome but not the same as male focused.

So my husband is about to jump into the on line program.

Contributor

My husband and I started WW 1 year ago.  At that time there were 2 men there every week.  They were both very successful with the program and both always felt right at home with the girls.  Wish more men would attend the meetings.  I think attending the meetings is key to your success with the program.