Honored Contributor

Re: I got my flu shot this morning.

We’ll get ours in a few weeks. Our grocery store, Publix, gives $10 Publix gift cards if you get the shot so we’ll get it there. Might as well get some free money while we’re at it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my shot early this year. What concerns me is the weather. With weather patterns getting so extreme coupled with the numbers of people traveling around the world becoming more commonplace, I feel more comfortable now that I am protected from a very common bug. Cold snaps can cause spikes in the number of flu cases because that's when people are indoors and can be infected easier.

Respected Contributor

I always wait until mid Oct, that's what works best for me. 

Honored Contributor

DH and I usually get ours the last of October at Walgreens.

We are also due part 2 of the pneumonia shot.

Honored Contributor

I was just reading about flu seasons in general and I noticed they can come as early as October.  Also worth mentioning is the fact that once you get vaccinated it will take two weeks for your immunity to work against the flu virus. So the way I see it, it's not too early to get a flu shot now. 

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I always wait until mid Oct, that's what works best for me. 

Just had my yearly physical last week.   My dr. recommended I wait until Oct. to get the flu shot since they "wear off".

Honored Contributor

I plan to get mine toward the end of this month as usual.   I also have to get my second dose of the shingles vaccine.  I doubt they will do it the same day which is okay with me.  I get the flu shot every year.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I plan to get mine toward the end of this month as usual.   I also have to get my second dose of the shingles vaccine.  I doubt they will do it the same day which is okay with me.  I get the flu shot every year.

@Daysdee 

I'm pretty sure you can get both at the same time. I would call and ask to make sure.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Age 69:  Never had the flu or the shot. 

Flu shots are "FREE" in my neck of the woods at all pharmacies, the municiple building, 55 plus & senior communities.

"I don't fix what ain't broken"

I feel the same way.  I haven't had the flu since 1974 when I was living in my apartment at college.  I only got the flu shot a few times about 20 years ago but don't anymore.  

Respected Contributor

I will refuse to take flu shots until my very last breath.  I hope that I will be permitted to have the opportunity to control what is injected into my body for the rest of my days. 

We all must have the right to full bodily autonomy.  If we want a vaccination, fine.  If we don't, that is fine, too.