Honored Contributor

Re: I got my flu shot this morning.

CVS called me the other day to remind me.  However, I prefer to wait until early to mid-October.  This is just a bit too early for me.  I worry that the potency will wane sooner than the flu season wanes.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee - Thanks for the reminder! With a lot going on right now, I completely forgot to think about this! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

DH & I will go at the end of October like we usually do.

Esteemed Contributor

With all my autoimmune diseases, I've been receiving the high dose flu shots for many years (long before I was 65). It's worked! Don't remember the last time I've been sick with flu-type symptoms.

I always have my flu shots given by the PA at my PCP's office. We (my PCP and I) prefer to wait until later in October to make sure the lengthy flu season is well covered into the following year.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for the reminder.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Yes, I'll be getting an email from my employer soon.  The local hospital comes to my college and gives them free to any employee who wants it.  It likely will be later this month.

I had been afraid to get the higher 65+ dose because I'm small and my body tends to overreact to everything.  I got the higher dose for the first time last year, and I was OK.

I think it's been about 25 years since I've had the flu, because ever since then they've been vaccinating us for free.  I wouldn't miss it and always encourage others to get it too.  You wouldn't believe how many people don't get it!  I work at a public institution and attend a gym regularly, so with asthma, I'd be a fool to take a chance on it.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

It's a bit too early for me.  I normally get it early/mid October.  Doc will email me reminder.

Honored Contributor

Age 69:  Never had the flu or the shot. 

Flu shots are "FREE" in my neck of the woods at all pharmacies, the municiple building, 55 plus & senior communities.

"I don't fix what ain't broken"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

If you are over 65 do they ask if you want that version?

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Age 69:  Never had the flu or the shot. 

Flu shots are "FREE" in my neck of the woods at all pharmacies, the municiple building, 55 plus & senior communities.

"I don't fix what ain't broken"

You are lucky 

if get the flu 😷 it can hit you hard 

I’m a healthy person but one year it took me 2 months to feel nornalmand that was 15. Years ago