Esteemed Contributor

Re: I got my flu shot & a pneumonia shot.

@alicedee   The Dr. told me to go home and to bed and threatened the hospital if I didn't.  I was off work a solid week (I seldom if ever missed work as I was never sick).

When I finally went back I lasted til noon or 1pm and I was exhausted and had to go home.

I coughed from January til the end of March.

Yes, let's hope we all have a healthy winter.

Valued Contributor

Yes.  I got the flu and pneumonia shots two weeks ago.  Last year was the first pneumonia shot I had. I was sick for 4 days afterwards. I think it was because I had the flu and pneumonia shots on the same day.  Anyway, I dreaded getting both shots this year, because I was afraid I'd get sick again, but I didn't. I had no problems at all this year.

Honored Contributor

I got both shots when I had my physical a week ago.  First time for the pneumonia shot. I get the flu shot every year.   I believe in protecting myself.  I don't want to jinx anyone but I had the shots on Friday morning,  Saturday at bedtime both my arms hurt so bad I didn't get much sleep that night.  I tossed and turned all night long because I sleep on my side.  The pain didn't totally subside until sometime late Monday.  She did warn me that there would be "some soreness".      

Respected Contributor

I got my pneumonia shots in 2017 and 2018 as they are a 2 parter given a year apart. This year ,so far, I got the 1st of 2 shingle shots. I wanted to get my flu shot last week but got brochitis, so have to wait until I feel  better. Maybe next week.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Yes, I got both a couple weeks ago.  The pneumonia shot left me with a sore arm and feeling punky for a few days..,,but all is well now.

Was told there was a second, different pneumonia shot I will get next year, then I am covered for life.  I'm 65.

This is correct, I've had both the shots and then I'm done with them. All people that are aged needs both pneumococi ?sp. shots.It is deadly to the elderly. I had 2 of them, a year apart. My drug store Walgreens now, keep up really well with your shots. The flu shot this year made my arm sore a couple days, but it's stronger , since last years wasn't good.

Honored Contributor

I got my flu shot last month. I'm 64 and they wouldn't give me the pneumo shot. Pharmacist told me I would need a Rx for that and it would depend on my at-risk status which I am not. So I will wait until I turn 65 to get the pneumo shot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Have you gotten your shot or shots?"

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Yes, both.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Nope.  None for me -- flu or otherwise.  Worse thing you could do is get both at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

@Mistic wrote:

I have gotten mine, but I was a week late in my plan to get it (sick dog).  In my area they are already out of the senior shot.  Waiting and waiting for more.  How can the 65 and older vaccination already be hard to find?  This is crazy. Smiley Frustrated

When we went for ours at CVS the pharmacist told us she didn't have any left and didn't know if they were even going to manufacture more of this years vaccine.

I said to my husband how could they not manufacture enough.  Surely they can find out how many seniors there are in this country  - the insurance companies can find out so they can push their Medicare plans on us.

Honored Contributor

I got my senior flu shot a couple of weeks ago.  Prior to that, I got the first of two Shingrix shots.  The pharmacist warned me that my arm might be sore. To help minimize the soreness, he urged me to keep the arm moving as much as possible.  I wonder if that helps for other shots also, to help alleviate soreness.