Esteemed Contributor

I got my flu shot & a pneumonia shot.

I hope this year's shot covers whatever strain goes around.  For some reason I decided the pneumonia shot too.

I had pneumonia once about 20 yrs. ago and it's the sickest I have ever been in my life.  I was in my 40's then and it kicked my butt so I figured I don't want it at my age. No point in tempting fate anymore.

Have you gotten your shot or shots?

Respected Contributor

Re: I got my flu shot & a pneumonia shot.

That's something I still need to do, thanks for the reminder. I'm still  recovering from my TKR, just started outpatient PT can't drive yet so I will have a family mbr take me. There is a Walgreens close by.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I get every vaccine that comes down the pike. We have already had our flu shots, I had the pneumonia vaccine last year. I have a chronic illness so I can not afford to get really sick, I could end up in hospital or worse.

Respected Contributor

I have gotten mine, but I was a week late in my plan to get it (sick dog).  In my area they are already out of the senior shot.  Waiting and waiting for more.  How can the 65 and older vaccination already be hard to find?  This is crazy. Smiley Frustrated

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Yes. I have asthma, so I try to take all precautions and get all my vaccines. I got the pneumonia vaccines a few years ago, so I'm good for now.

Honored Contributor

No and I don't plan to.  Last flu shot that I got was in the 1990s.  Last time I got the flu was 1975.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Yes, I got both a couple weeks ago.  The pneumonia shot left me with a sore arm and feeling punky for a few days..,,but all is well now.

Was told there was a second, different pneumonia shot I will get next year, then I am covered for life.  I'm 65.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Got my flu shot but never had a pneumonia shot.

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee   I am doing the same thing as far as getting 2nd one next year. 

I couldn't believe how sick I got w/pneumonia.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  It wasn't flu related.  I got a sinus infection over a holiday weekend and by the time I got to Dr. I had pneumonia.

My Mom was the same way.  Had to treat sinus infections immediately or she got bronchitis.  Mine went into pneumonia.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@alicedee   I am doing the same thing as far as getting 2nd one next year. 

I couldn't believe how sick I got w/pneumonia.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  It wasn't flu related.  I got a sinus infection over a holiday weekend and by the time I got to Dr. I had pneumonia.

My Mom was the same way.  Had to treat sinus infections immediately or she got bronchitis.  Mine went into pneumonia.

Yikes....I had what they called "walking pneumonia" whrn I was a child...I missed a whole month of school.  Hate to think what pneumonia would do.

Glad you got your immunizations....here's hoping for a healthy winter!