Esteemed Contributor

Dr. called with results from tests done. He said my A1C has held at  a 5 for 3 years with no medication.  and it's "debatable" whether I have diabetes at all. That felt good.  5 years ago I was taking insulin, then went to Metformin, then no diabetic meds. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Wonderful news!  Takes a lot of work to get it that low and keep it that low!

Esteemed Contributor

Impressive! Not many are able to reach such a low A1C and consistently stay there for five years. I'm at 5.8 (for 5-6 years which is considered pre-diabetes and I thought that was great). But you've beat all odds!                     

According to my diabetic charts, you basically are in the normal range!

Congratulations!! Stay healthy and happy doing what you've been doing!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV,

Good for you!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Dr. called with results from tests done. He said my A1C has held at  a 5 for 3 years with no medication.  and it's "debatable" whether I have diabetes at all. That felt good.  5 years ago I was taking insulin, then went to Metformin, then no diabetic meds. 

Congratulations! Clearly, you are a Type 2 diabetic in remission. How did you manage to go from taking insulin to an A1C of 5? That is an incredible result @MoJoV !!!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations - what a wonderful accomplishment.

Your dedication and hard work paid off! 

I will share your story with hub who was diagnosed a few years ago, was on insulin and now on Metformin. 

I wish you continued good health and all the best! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!!  Any day you feel well and can stop taking a medicine is a great one....

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11  I lost around 25 lbs., I keep carbs and sugar very low.  Also I walk 3-5 miles just about every day. That's what I did.  I have fallen off the low carb and sugar wagon lately, but I'm climbing back on.

I took insulin in a pen once a day, then my Dr. said try Metformin 2x a day.  A1C went to 4 point something and he said let's stop it all.  And that's it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DSD2  Tell him to walk everyday.  Even if the weather is bad, I do miles around the house.  I really think this is all important.