Esteemed Contributor

Re: I got a vaccine appointment!

My hubby got his call today and scheduled his first appt.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I doubt it’s true every where, but someone I spoke with this morning said DH went with her and got taken even though he had no appointment.  Apparently people don’t show but also don’t bother to cancel.  It’s a mess from top to bottom and bottom to top!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SeaMaiden I doubt it’s true every where, but someone I spoke with this morning said DH went with her and got taken even though he had no appointment.  Apparently people don’t show but also don’t bother to cancel.  It’s a mess from top to bottom and bottom to top!

@millieshops   DH will be taking me to the appointment... It would be so nice if he were given a shot too... I will keep my fingers crossed Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I received notification this evening that I could make an appointment so I did so for Feb. 16th.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden can’t hurt to ask.  Good luck

Respected Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I'm always happy to hear of someone able to get the vaccine or an appointment. I hope your husband doesn't have to wait long to get his. 

My Son and I will get our second tomorrow. My DIL got her first saturday, she is the one looking on Facebook and getting us all our vaccines. Sons police, me 87, daughter in law saw where they had an over load of vaccine and hurried to the place. Watch Facebook always on there.

Honored Contributor

Even though we were on the fence about it, we are going today.

It took us three tries with three different sites. 

The first notification I got was for a mega site over 30 miles away and by the time I entered all my info there were no spots left for my husband.  We had decided that if we couldn't get it together we weren't traveling that far.  I was able to cancel that one. 

The second time, we both signed in to the link within seconds of getting the text, put our zip code in and there were none left, no where.

Yesterday I got the texts and was able to get us both in, one right after the other at a different mega site that's 15 minutes away. 

Respected Contributor

I live in Wisconsin but get Minnesota news. Minnesota had a Lottery for  Senior vaccine appointments and announced the lucky ones would be notified. What next? I am on a "to be called list" in two to three weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden I thought for sure that you would have been in the  "wait and see" camp on this vaccination thing.  I am not trying to be negative, just surprised.  I hope you can get an appointment for your DH if that is what he wants, too. Woman Happy

@tends2dogs    yes,  the older I get, I am not as much of a warrior like in my younger days... where years ago I was all anti this and that... at 65 I  bend "my" rules and do what I need to do. I guess with age, my thinking has changed from a young activist warrior to and older more worn out warrior in thought and actions. Man Wink

@SeaMaiden 

Activist Warrior here.

I think we learn to choose our battles a bit more carefully.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  My dh and I have both had our first.My dh had his in federal way and I had mine in Lakewood.You can take an appointment in any city in your state.My dh found that by 4 in the afternoon there were cancellations and that is when he found our appointments.

Hope you find one for your dh soon.We got Moderna.