Regular Contributor

Re: I got Pfizer, my Sister got Moderna...

I've so appreciated reading everyones experiences. I've had my first Moderna & will get my second on 3/12. Only a sore arm with the first. I'm 73.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow - very interesting stuff.  I got my first dose - Pfizer -  Friday.  Extremely tired Friday night.  Pain in arm Saturday and Sunday.  Last night (Monday) overnight  I had first chills then sweats.  This morning I have body aches and I'm so tired.  Not sure if this is a reaction to the vaccine or is it just coincidence.  Not looking forward to the second dose!

(I 'm allergic to a few antibiotics - not sure if it's related.)

Esteemed Contributor

My sister had the Moderna and felt the same as your sister. Sick, tired, sore and was out of sorts for days. My husband had the Pfeizer on Saturday, 0 side effects. for myself, I'm not able to get the shot at this time due to auto-immune issues (not willing to take the risk fo getting worse). 

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I hope more of you will share.  I had a really bad reaction from the senior flu shot last fall, had a reaction worthy of an ambulance trip to the ER from Erythromycin a long time ago, and adverse reactions to a couple of other antibiotic groups.

So I am nervous about getting the shot. 

I am also apprehensive of the vaccine.  I have had so many bad reactions to shots and meds.  It may not be the vaccine but the preservatives and fillers.  No way of knowing.  Don't know how this vaccine could be any "different' from the others before it.

OMG - you're my twin. At first I thought I wrote this. I have reactions to EVERYTHING! Was told that I don't process medications well, and they can last in my system to a toxic level, wreaking havoc. Any preservatives and fillers are terrible on the immune system. So, you and I should definitely not take the Johnson shot (its loaded with preservatives). Nope. I'll wait. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I got the Moderna vaccine. First shot, we both had a very sore arm for a couple of days, no other effects.  Second dose, DH had no symptoms at all.  That night I felt  cold (two blankets on bed) and had a lot of body aches that made it impossible to sleep. 

The next morning I took Arthritis strength Tylenol and felt much better.  When the 8 hr. pills wore off, I started to feel bad again so took another 8 hr. dose. I did all of my normal activities that day, which included taking care of a bed-ridden family member. With the Tylenol I felt almost normal, so I took a final dose that night and slept 9 hours straight through.  The next day I was just fine, and my arm was not particularly sore, either.  Not fun, but not bad either.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Good for you Lion.  Mother is 85, had two Pfizer shots.  First one her arm hurt for a week.  Second shot, nothing.  From what I can tell, I don't see I'm getting one anytime soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Pfizer for the both of us, hubby and myself.  Two shots.  No side effects at all.  Horrible time getting signed up and nightmare trying to help friends do the same. Perhaps should have waited.  Was told our local CVS will have the vaccines soon.  

Respected Contributor

My husband and I got our first Moderna shot yesterday. Our arms are a little sore today but nothing serious.

Honored Contributor

I had two shots of the Pfizer and my sister had two of the Moderna.  We didn't have any effects from the first shots and I didn't have any from the second.  My sister experienced fatigue and some chills from her second which were brief.  

All those I know who had their shots were fine even if they had a couple of side effects.  I hope everyone is able to get the vaccines, it does give you peace of mind.

Esteemed Contributor

Signed up in February and got a call today to go for my first shot this coming Monday - I believe it will be Pfizer as that is what my husband got at this same place.