Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: I got Pfizer, my Sister got Moderna...

@HerRoyaLioness That is definitely an interesting comparison.  It would be interesting to see the reactions twins (indentical vs fraternal) might have.  The cancer link between you and your sister definitely makes it all the more note worthy.  Thank you for the information!  Smiley HappyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

I get 2nd shot of Phizer today. So far friends that had that brand, had no bad effects. I hope I am the same. Scared.

Honored Contributor

I had my first Moderna vaccine on Wednesday. No issues and felt fine afterward. My husband is getting the Johnson and Johnson vaccine on Tuesday. Will finally be able to see family very soon!! 

Frequent Contributor

30% of the military refuse to take the covid vaccine. I'm not rushing. 

Honored Contributor

My wife and I got our 2nd Pfizer shot this morning. Will see if things go side effect free like our 1st shot. The organization running these vaccine shots could not be run any better.  A BIG thank you to all of those involved in taking such good care of everyone getting their vaccine.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Hilery,

I too had a flu shot back in October  (pharmacy) and I experienced arm stiffness and loss of strength in my right arm.  I could not lift a full pot of coffee nor raise my arm without some pain.  It is almost 100% but from then on I request to get shots in my hip or thigh.  I just got Moderna in my thigh (from a nurse) and only had soreness for a day.  (I had breast cancer/radiation so I cannot get shots in that arm.)  

Trusted Contributor

I got my first Moderna yesterday and I feel fine.  My daughter is a 21 year old new teacher.  They approved to give the Teachers the vaccine in my state, most likely she will get the J & J.  I strongly recommend middle age and older to get the vaccine.  I am a little nervous about her getting the shot.  

Esteemed Contributor

Had 1and second vaccine with phzier and no reaction at all. Not even sure arm, no redness.  I drank lot of water before and after.  I,m going to be 85 in June.  No tireness either.  Did hard work and painted next day.

Trusted Contributor

First shot with Pfizer-sore arm and felt more tired than usual.

Second shot-arm was a little sore again. Other than that, I was fine.