Contributor

Re: I got Pfizer, my Sister got Moderna...

@HerRoyaLioness I had similar symptoms as your sister with the second dose of Moderna. Not willing to say that the side effects are worse with the Moderna vaccine because many of my co-workers received Pfizer vaccines and some got really sick for a couple of days.

I had fever and chills with the first Shingrex vaccine and am hoping the second dose won't be worse.

Respected Contributor

First dose of Pfizer, sore arm for one day. Second dose, sore arm for one day. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner -

I'm allergic and or adverse reactions to lots of antibiotics but I have read

our responses to those will not determine our reaction to this vaccine (which also is very different from the flu or any other vaccine).

You may be very surprised I hope at a not bad reaction at all.

I got the pfizer and very sore arm after first, and headache and after 2nd shot really really tired, headache and aches, stomach hurt but went away after one day.

(the first day is ok it was the 2nd day after).

But its good to know but also that it doesn't last and everyone is different too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I hope more of you will share.  I had a really bad reaction from the senior flu shot last fall, had a reaction worthy of an ambulance trip to the ER from Erythromycin a long time ago, and adverse reactions to a couple of other antibiotic groups.

So I am nervous about getting the shot. 

I am also apprehensive of the vaccine.  I have had so many bad reactions to shots and meds.  It may not be the vaccine but the preservatives and fillers.  No way of knowing.  Don't know how this vaccine could be any "different' from the others before it.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Sooner -

our responses to those will not determine our reaction to this vaccine (which also is very different from the flu or any other vaccine).

I got the pfizer and very sore arm after first, and headache and after 2nd shot really really tired, headache and aches, stomach hurt but went away after one day.

But its good to know but also that it doesn't last and everyone is different too.

@Sooner  - what she said!!  I will add that I am 72 yrs, diabetic, some heart irregularities, post chemo (8 yrs ago) but still with some side effects that wanted to stay with me, so I thought I will probably get all the side effects. 

Truth is, we just don't know.  But as @on the bay  said, it doesn't last and is not like other allergies or vaccines. Just trying to give you a little reassurance, but it is certainly your choice to be careful about it - maybe give your drs office a call and ask about it.  Let us know how you are doing!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I had a strong reaction to Prevnar 13, but just a sore arm with the 1st COVID vaccine, #2 coming up 3/6.

Be Well - Be Safe

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I am scheduled for my first shot later this week.  Set my alarm to get up earlier than normal to get online and find an appointment.  I had already set up an account before so I could just log in today.  

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

@Sooner -

@Sooner  - what she said!!  I will add that I am 72 yrs, diabetic, some heart irregularities, post chemo (8 yrs ago) but still with some side effects that wanted to stay with me, so I thought I will probably get all the side effects. 

Truth is, we just don't know.  But as @on the bay  said, it doesn't last and is not like other allergies or vaccines. Just trying to give you a little reassurance, but it is certainly your choice to be careful about it - maybe give your drs office a call and ask about it.  Let us know how you are doing!

@HerRoyaLioness I had a dr. visit and he just blew it off.  What I really need is a new doctor, but husband likes him.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner -

I think most doctors if any really don't know how to advise. I think there is not enough to go on yet. Everyone is still learning. Still your dr sounds kind of impatient or irritated. He could have just said he doesn't know.

They are probably learning from their patients experiences too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay You said that very well.....doctors have no idea how a person - any person will react.  Never down this road before.

Reading all the personal information re: reactions is eye-opening to me.  Scary in fact.

I'm in no hurry to run to get in line.................shortage in my area also makes it impossible.  That's okay with me.