Respected Contributor

I got Pfizer, my Sister got Moderna...

For any who are interested:

My effects from Pfizer - 1st dose:

Very tired that night, headache next day, arm not sore (couldn't believe it)

Pfizer 2nd dose:

No real effects.  Maybe a little more tired out than usual, arm a tiny bit sore

My Sister's effects from Moderna - 1st dose

No real effects except arm soreness.

Moderna 2nd dose:

Got really sick, she said like the worst case of flu she ever had. Extreme chills, fever, body aches and vomiting.  Lasted a little over a day.

We thought this was interesting because we are both genetically connected and each had a different vaccine.  We even got breast cancer at the same age!

I know this may not mean anything, but thought I would share our experience. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I got Pfizer, my Sister got Moderna...

@HerRoyaLioness 

Interesting information, especially because of your mention of cancer. Thank you for posting this here.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I hope more of you will share.  I had a really bad reaction from the senior flu shot last fall, had a reaction worthy of an ambulance trip to the ER from Erythromycin a long time ago, and adverse reactions to a couple of other antibiotic groups.

So I am nervous about getting the shot. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks , there are general immune system responses expected from both  vaccines as I have read , however  everyone is a unique human being so symptoms of immune response may vary. This article had  provides  info .

"The how’s and what’s of vaccine reactogenicity "

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41541-019-0132-6

Respected Contributor

Moderna 1st shot:  Sore arm at injection site the next day. 

Moderna 2nd shot:  Sore arm at injection site the next day and slightly tired.  Not sure if the tiredness was related to the shot or just because I hadn't slept well the previous night.  

All in all, no ill effects from either dose of Moderna. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Got my second Pfizer today. First shot just a sore arm. Second shot sore arm too. I'm tired but that's probably because I got up at 12:45 for my 2 am shot. I try to nap but can't really sleep. I do have a headache that won't go away but I had that before the shot. I think it's all the wind we've had lately and all the gunk in the air.

Valued Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness Thanks for sharing that interesting information.

I got the first dose of the Modema without side effects except my arm was a little sore to the touch but not sore to move it.

I will get my second dose in two weeks.

I don't have a spleen so I'm a little concerned about the second dose but I'm glad I am able to get the vaccine. I'm having a terrible time trying to get an appointment for my husband.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

First shot Moderna. Armpit sore within 3 hours. Could not lift arm past waist. Soreness got worse and finally went to doctor. Diagnosed impingement of rotator cuff (EMT administered injection too deep in deltoid muscle and hit nerve). Much improved after a month with some meloxicam and Voltaren gel for pain and inflammation and also home physical therapy.

Second shot Moderna. Doctor advised injection in other arm due to above issue. Began flu like symptoms within 5 hours (chills, headache, body ache, fever but no vomiting). Lasted 48 hours then tiredness for another 24 hours. Feel good as new 7 days later. 

Valued Contributor

@Hilery Sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad you are good as new now!

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My daughters best friend (in her 30's) is an Art Teacher in an Elementary Grade and got her second shot...Pfizer..

She got a 101+ fever, bad bodyaches and she said her neck felt like it was on fire....

They have closed school for 2 days for another School  giving Teachers their second shots...