Honored Contributor

I go get my first Covid vaccine shot today

[ Edited ]

My appointment is at 11AM.  Wish my husband was getting one too.  I have been shopping around EVERYWHERE and there are no openings to be found. 
I will check back and update you on the protocol and how it went

I am already scheduled for my second shot, so I do not have to worry about that.  That is an issue with many vaccinations sites that do a lot of people.  

Hopefully here in a few weeks things will run smoother and everyone that wants a shot can get one.

Honored Contributor

Re: I go get my first Covid vaccine shot today

@SeaMaiden 

I had mine Friday (Moderna) and no problems at all. My arm (site) was pretty sore yesterday, but is barely sore at all today.

My DH, 64, hasn't been able to get one yet either since our state's criteria right now is health care workers and 65+.

We're anxious for the next tier to open up for 'underlying health issues' as he has auto-immune disease.

I was really surprised that there was no one before me or after me at Publix when I got mine Friday.

Hope your shot goes well too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I've know a few people here in the Phoenix area that have taken their spouse or elderly parent to their appointment and even though the other person (usually the driver) doesn't have an appointment  and if they fit the criteria or are close to it they can go ahead and get the shot with them. Don't know if it's that way everywhere.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

That doesn't work in my state.

Since DH is 'almost' 65 (64.5) and immunity compromised, we've tried and here they're strictly sticking to the state's protocol for this phase.

We do understand the need to stick to the protocol.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Be sure to listen to all new reports.  In our area if they have extra vaccine they are announcing it and people are able to get the shot.  

Trusted Contributor

I go to get mine on Wednesday.  From what I understand you have to stay for 15 minutes after the shot to be sure you don't have any immediate reaction.  And then before you leave you set up the appointment for the second shot.  Mine is going to be the Moderna and it will be given at the County Health Department.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

Hubs has gotten both; no ill effects noted.  Hopefully it works!  (of course we think it will).  I'll get one when I can.

O/T:  I had my first shingles vaccine recently and was sick for 24 hours.  Worth it, though.  I've had shingles.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

147553826_10220178577994554_652474855486348151_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I were able to get first shots yesterday (Sat) AM.

He scheduled an appointment, but there was only one slot, the nurse Strongly encouraged me to come with him, said they would vaccinate me if they had a cancellation.

I thought not much chance, as his appt. was at 7:45 AM, the next day, how many people would have cancelled overnight?  When we arrived we were told they had 10 cancellations they were trying to fill, and would vaccinate me since I was there.

Moderna - just a bit of redness / pain in arm, but I usually react this way to vaccines.  Follow-up appt. date and time in hand, Health Department.

Very grateful, hope everyone who wants one gets it very soon.

@KingstonsMom  good luck to DH, how is Kingston?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

Hi my friend!Heart

Poor Kingston, it's stressing me out terribly that we have to wait until 2/16 for his appt. with the surgeon.

We've built him a ramp, from our back deck to the backyard (which he'll also need post-op) and built him a platform to reach DH's truck and my SUV.to give him a change in scenery.

He loves to visit Grandma (MIL), who always has a milkbone tucked in one of her pockets, LOL! 

Just countin' down the days sweet lady......