Honored Contributor

Re: I get my new knee tomorrow..

@qualitygal wrote:

At @chrystaltree, how long do they think you'll need to do PT and be off that knee?  I'm sure this is in many of our futures. Some, sooner than others! 

@qualitygal  It takes about 8 weeks to really start feeling great...a full year for total tissue healing....BUT, you walk on the leg from day one. Right after surgery they have you walk down the hall to n the hospital .. you are never "off the knee".

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

. . .  Having all my joint replacements gave me my life back...I do not even have to take an aspirin anymore! I am pain free! You will be too....you have to do the rehab to get that bend in your knee....and it is not pleasant....BUT SO WORTH THE OUTCOME!

I was just goiing to post basically the same thing.....to do your P/T, including any exercises they give you between visits, no matter if you feel like doing them or not!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind and baiting.

Respected Contributor

Just do the exercises the PT gives you. It hurts at first but so worth it once you are pain free. You will be so glad you had it done.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck from your fellow knee replacement recipient. Mine was done last month and I am AOK!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vivian Florimond, glad your surgery went well. It sounds like you regained your strength and mobility quite quickly. Way to go!

Honored Contributor

Sending my best wishes to @chrystaltree for a successful surgery and recovery.   The challenges ahead of you are well worth the end result.

Continued good wishes for @Vivian as she continues her recovery.   

Its been 3 months today since my knee replacement.   My new knee is great, no problems whatsoever with the knee itself.   However, I am still healing my incision above the knee where adhesive did not hold it together.   I still have one small area with a scab, and am amazed at what my body has been able to do with healing this gaping wound that literally took my breath away when I saw it for the first time.   My choice would have been closure with staples.   

Respected Contributor

@Vivian ~. Wishing you all the best for a full and quick recovery!  👍🏼

Esteemed Contributor

Best of luck for a speedy recovery!! 🤞 💐 🙏

Esteemed Contributor

I had my right knee done in October and the first few days are the worst but you’ll get through it. You will feel so much better when you’re  up and about. I was off pain meds in two weeks and was walking without a walker or cane in about two weeks also. My surgery was around 7:30 and I had to be at the hospital around 5 am. I wanted to be first because I wanted to get to the hospital without hitting rush hour traffic. I think my husband was more nervous than I was. I was nervous but also a calm came over me after I got to the hospital. Probably  the drugs they gave me kept me calm.

Good Luck