Honored Contributor

I find it interesting that my weight can vary as much as 4 pounds from one day to the next.

It must be just being a woman. I eat a very good diet- low sodium and low glycemic- so I can not figure why I would be holding on to water weight if that is the reason... I can weigh 133 LBS on Monday and then weigh 137 LBS the next morning! It can vary like that all week even really watching my food intake. Clothes all fit the same- just the scale is different. It is so frustrating! Anyone else in the same boat?

Honored Contributor

Re: I find it interesting that my weight can vary as much as 4 pounds from one day to the next.

yes! Good to know we aren't alone. Maybe we're part sponge. Or spongy?? LOL

Just noticed this is a very old thread that someone put on here on purpose. (A number of them as a matter of fact.

Honored Contributor

Re: I find it interesting that my weight can vary as much as 4 pounds from one day to the next.

That's why I rarely weigh myself.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

I weigh myself once a week, every Sunday morning right after I get up. (after using the bathroom first, of course)

Super Contributor

It is so true! best to pick just one day a week... first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything.

Respected Contributor

Blame it on fluid, my weight can go up or down 2-3 pounds within a few hours. It's not "weight". That's why, if you are losing weight, you should only weigh yourself once or week.

Honored Contributor

I weight myself every morning first thing and frequently am up or down 2-4 pounds. This is why weighing once a week is useless. Is it a morning that I am on the upswing or down swing. I have to weigh daily so I can average if I'm losing or gaining overall. I generally eat the same foods and hard to understand the wild fluctuation.

Honored Contributor

Eating healthy, solid, whole fruits and veggies can add false "weight".

I prefer to measure how my clothes fit.

Esteemed Contributor

I am having the same kind of experience. Mine is one pound up or down and I am one pound from you on the up side. Just lost 20 pounds or more. Very proud of myself.

I find one scale to another is even a pound different ( I have two scales in my house).

And the clothes might just tell the true story. Nothing like going to a dance wearing a flowing black skirt and a shiny elegant silver blouse and have both just about fall off me. How was I supposed to know they would not fit me. I got dressed in the dark. Very embarrassing. Good thing I was among friends who will never let me live it down.

Valued Contributor

My weight fluctuates fairly dramatically too