Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I started out with a healthy food but I got a sudden inspiration and now I’m in love with a very unhealthy version of this food. I took my vanilla yogurt and put it in a bowl and was suddenly moved to add sugar to it. So I did. I added a lot. Then I was moved to add cinnamon. So I did. I added a lot. When I stirred this up it was darn delicious, unfortunately for me. This is way to good. I’m seriously considering emptying the sugar canister so I won’t get inspired again. 

Esteemed Contributor

Forget the sugar; go ahead with the cinnamon if flavor. You should be fine. But your teeth may turn brown!! Smiley Surprised

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor
Somehow I've convinced myself that plain yogurt tastes like whipping cream. Now I top fresh berries with it.
Esteemed Contributor

how about a sugar substitute....

Respected Contributor

Re: I feel so guilty

[ Edited ]

Vanilla flavored yogurt has a lot of sugar added to it already, so how about this for a delicious treat instead:

Take a serving of PLAIN, low-fat yogurt. If you absolutely must sweeten it, add just a half teaspoon (measured) of honey and stir it in well.  Top it with whatever kind of unsweetened fresh berries you prefer. I love raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Add a couple of (measured) tablespoons of chopped pecans or walnuts. It may take some time to get used to the lack of sugar, but once you've tasted the natural sweetness of the berries, you'll wonder what took you so long. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I know I could try all the healthy alternative suggestions here but this dish was so good I’ll have to take restrictive measures. Maybe duct taping my pantry doors shut will work.😂

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Vanilla flavored yogurt has a lot of sugar added to it already, so how about this for a delicious treat instead:

Take a serving of PLAIN, low-fat yogurt. If you absolutely must sweeten it, add just a half teaspoon (measured) of honey and stir it in well.  Top it with whatever kind of unsweetened fresh berries you prefer. I love raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. Add a couple of (measured) tablespoons of chopped pecans or walnuts. It may take some time to get used to the lack of sugar, but once you've tasted the natural sweetness of the berries, you'll wonder what took you so long. 

And if you’re concerned about the health benefits of yogurt, put it in your bowl and then add the sugar or berries.  Putting sugar in the container contaminates the rest of the yogurt’s good bacteria.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  A few weeks ago we had 2 oreos sitting in the package

that were my sons. I kept telling him to finish the package so I could 

throw it away. He tells me they are stale and isn't going to eat them.

So I ended up crumbling one each day into my ypugurt cup. Oh, so

good. I normally don't eat them but wasn't going to toss them. Kids.

Honored Contributor

Re: I feel so guilty

[ Edited ]

You are not alone.  I'm guilty, too.

I slice a banana on top of 0% fat unsweetened plain Greek yogurt, then top that with jam or preserves.  

Like you, I started out healthy, then decided it needed something else, and of course, it was something very sweet.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I started out with a healthy food but I got a sudden inspiration and now I’m in love with a very unhealthy version of this food. I took my vanilla yogurt and put it in a bowl and was suddenly moved to add sugar to it. So I did. I added a lot. Then I was moved to add cinnamon. So I did. I added a lot. When I stirred this up it was darn delicious, unfortunately for me. This is way to good. I’m seriously considering emptying the sugar canister so I won’t get inspired again. 

_______

That not too bad! I have done way worse damage on an occasional late night bender!  If that is as bad as you get, you'll be fine.  I thought you were really going to list some over-the-top items.

One time I had french onion dip and potato chips for a casserole I was making for a friend's get together. I lost control and ended up having to go back to the store to repurchase the dip for the recipe.  Whew, now don't you feel better?  Smiley LOL