Honored Contributor

Re: I don't know if I am losing it

@KingstonsMom....understood...this could possibly be a mental health issue.  If it were my mom...even if son is irked with mom...I'd be going to the doctor with her and get to the bottom of this 'noise'.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@halfpint1..do you have one of those emergi-med places near you? You just walk in and there is a doctor there that you can see immediately. If it is serious you can be transported by ambulance to the nearest hospital. 

You had a thread here last week and most posters conveyed to you that a physician is what you need. No one deserves to be tortured the way you have for many months hearing things you cannot identify. 

Show this thread to your son.

Or go to an ER, they have many more Dr's on staff to evaluate what is going on, in the event that it may not be just a 'hearing' problem.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1

This is the first I have read about your problem.  Could you tell me what kind of noise you hear?

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@halfpint1..do you have one of those emergi-med places near you? You just walk in and there is a doctor there that you can see immediately. If it is serious you can be transported by ambulance to the nearest hospital. 

You had a thread here last week and most posters conveyed to you that a physician is what you need. No one deserves to be tortured the way you have for many months hearing things you cannot identify. 

Show this thread to your son.

Or go to an ER, they have many more Dr's on staff to evaluate what is going on, in the event that it may not be just a 'hearing' problem.

Yes. I was concerned that she may have issues with insurance. Going to the ER is sometimes tricky with what is covered.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Do you have a neighbor/friend that can come over?

@Mom2Dogs

Her Son has come over before to investigate and finds nothing, nor 'hears' any strange noises.

That could be why he won't come over again now, just guessing.

She is being neglected and has been suffering for a very long time. 

Honored Contributor

We cant help you.  You have to help yourself.  If you are truly have a problem you need to see your doctor ASAP.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@KingstonsMom....understood...this could possibly be a mental health issue.  If it were my mom...even if son is irked with mom...I'd be going to the doctor with her and get to the bottom of this 'noise'.

@Mom2Dogs

Agreed, with the exception that I think Son should pick her up and take her to an ER to be evaluated before the situation possibly becomes critical.

But that's just what I would do.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1Until you can go to the Dr. try turning on the TV or radio to drown out the noise.

I have tinninitus so I "hear" things all the time.  I remember as a small child thinking the high pitched noise was space aliens.  Fortunately I was not afraid and it did not last long.

Very best wishes.  Anxiety and fear are terrible things especially when you are alone.

Honored Contributor

I think a couple of things: 

Doesn't want to or doesn't have the money.

She is really frightened. Count how many time she uses the word scared.

Don't know where she lives, but many cities have places to call and they will listen and help.

Mostly when I read her stuff I think she wants help but doesn't want to do it herself.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@halfpint1  My dear, I know what you're hearing sounds very real to you.  Please be assured there are medications that can take away these noises and free your mind from all this fear.  I don't believe what you're experiencing is simply tinnitis.  Your doctor can help you with this.

Laura loves cats!